Section 32 in The Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005.
Title: Power of Reserve Bank to exempt in certain cases
(1) The Central Government may, on the recommendation of the Reserve Bank, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct that any or all of the provisions of this Act shall not apply to any credit information company or a credit institution, as the case may be, either generally or for such period and subject to such exceptions or modifications, as may be mentioned in that notification.
(2) A copy of every notification proposed to be issued under sub-section (1), shall be laid in draft before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in disapproving the issue of the notification or both Houses agree in making any modification in the notification, the notification shall not be issued or, as the case may be, shall be issued only in such modified form as may be agreed upon by both the Houses.
Title: Application of other laws not barred
The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to, and not, save as provided under this Act, in derogation of, the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) or any other law for the time being in force.
Title: Powers of Reserve Bank not to apply to International Financial Services Centre
1[33A. Powers of Reserve Bank not to apply to International Financial Services Centre.-- Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the powers exercisable by the Reserve Bank under this Act,--
(a) shall not extend to an International Financial Services Centre set up under sub-section (1) of section 18 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 (28 of 2005);
(b) shall be exercisable by the International Financial Services Centres Authority established under sub-section (1) of section 4 of the International Financial Services Centres Authority Act, 2019,
in so far as regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions that are permitted in the International Financial Services Centres are concerned.]
1. Ins. by Act 50 of 2019, s. 33 and the second Schedule (date to be notified).
Title: Amendment of certain enactments
The enactments mentioned in the Schedule to this Act shall be amended in the manner specified therein.
Title: Removal of difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of a period of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.