Section 28 in The University of Allahabad Act, 2005
Title: Statutes, how to be made.
(1) The First Statutes are those set out in the Schedule.
(2) The Executive Council may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Executive Council shall not make, amend or repeal any Statute affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Executive Council.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the assent of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit to the Executive Council for re-consideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may make new or additional Statutes, or amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1), during the period of three years immediately after the commencement of this Act:
Provided that the Visitor may, on the expiry of the said period of three years, make, within one year from the date of such expiry, such detailed Statutes as he may consider necessary and such detailed Statutes shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the Visitor may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Executive Council is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Executive Council for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the Statutes suitably.
Title: Power to make Ordinances
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission and enrolment of students to the University and institutions maintained by or admitted to the privileges of the University;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University;
(c) the medium of instruction and examination;
(d) the award of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions, the qualifications for the same and the means to be taken relating to the granting and obtaining of the same;
(e) the fees to be charged for courses of study in the University and for admission to the examinations, degrees and diplomas of the University;
(f) the institution of, and conditions for award of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(g) the conduct of examinations, including the term of office and manner of appointment and the duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(h) the conditions of residence of students of the University;
(i) the special arrangements, if any, which may be made for the residence, discipline and teaching of women students and the prescribing of special courses of studies for them;
(j) the establishment of Centres, University Institutes, Boards of Studies, Specialised Laboratories and Committees;
(k) the creation, composition and functions of any other body which is considered necessary for improving the academic life of the University;
(l) the manner of co-operation and collaboration with other Universities, Institutions and other Agencies including learned bodies or associations;
(m) the setting up of a machinery for redressal of grievances of employees; and
(n) all other matters which by this Act or the Statutes, are to be or may be, provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) The first Ordinances shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor with the previous approval of the Central Government and the Ordinances so made may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Executive Council in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
The authorities of the University may make Regulations consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the Committees, if any, appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances and for such matters as may be prescribed by the Statutes or the Ordinances.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the direction of the Executive Council, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objects and shall be submitted to the Court on or after such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes and the Court shall consider the report in its annual meeting.
(2) The Court shall submit the annual report to the Visitor along with its comments, if any.
(3) A copy of the annual report, as prepared under sub-section (1), shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The annual accounts and balance sheet of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Executive Council and shall once at least every year, and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or by such persons as he may authorise in this behalf.
(2) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report thereon shall be submitted to the Court and the Visitor along with the observations of the Executive Council.
(3) Any observations made by the Visitor on the annual accounts shall be brought to the notice of the Court and the observations of the Court, if any, shall, after being considered by the Executive Council, be submitted to the Visitor.
(4) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report as submitted to the Visitor, shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
(5) The audited annual accounts after having been laid before both Houses of Parliament shall be published in the Gazette of India.