Section 48 in The Manipur University Act, 2005
Title: Repeal and savings.
(1) The Manipur University Ordinance, 2005 (Ord. 3 of 2005) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act and—
(a) all appointments made, orders issued, degrees and other academic distinctions conferred, diplomas and certificates awarded, privileges granted, or other things done under the Manipur University Ordinance, 2005 (Ord. 3 of 2005), shall be deemed to have been respectively made, issued, conferred, awarded, granted or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act and, except as otherwise provided by or this Act or the Statutes, continue in force unless and until they are superseded by any order made under this Act or the Statutes; and
(b) all proceedings of Selection Committees for the appointment or promotion of teachers that took place before the commencement of this Act and all actions of the Executive Council in respect of the recommendations of such Selection Committees where no orders of appointment on the basis thereof were passed before the commencement of this Act shall, notwithstanding that the procedure for selection has been modified by this Act, be deemed to have been valid but further proceeding in connection with such pending selections shall be taken in accordance with the provisions of this Act and be continued from the stage where they stood immediately before such commencement, except if the concerned authorities take, with the approval of the Visitor, a decision to the contrary.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the University of Allahabad Act, 2005.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. 14th July, 2005, vide notification No. S.O. 978(E), dated 11th July, 2005, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of University of Allahabad as Institution of national importance
Whereas the objects of the University of Allahabad in the State of Uttar Pradesh are such as to make it an Institution of national importance, it is hereby declared that the said University is an Institution of national importance.
In this Act, and in all Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Council' means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Statutes;
(c) "appointed day" means the date of establishment of the University of Allahabad under sub-section (1) of section 4;
(d) "Centre" means a unit of the University or of a University Institute providing teaching, consultancy and research facilities;
(e) "Chancellor" means the Chancellor of the University appointed under section 13;
(f) "Constituent College" means a college prescribed as such by the Statutes;
(g) "Constituent Institute" means an Institute prescribed as such by the Statutes;
(h) "Court" means the Court of the University;
(i) "Department" means a Department of a Faculty;
(j) "Director" means the head of a University Institute or Constituent Institute;
(k) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(l) "Executive Council" means the Executive Council of the University;
(m) "Faculty" means a Faculty of the University;
(n) "Finance Officer" means the Finance Officer of the University appointed under section 18;
(o) "Ordinances" means the Ordinances of the University;
(p) "Principal' means the head of a University College or a Constituent College;
(q) "Pro-Vice-Chancellor" means the Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University appointed under section 15;
(r) "Registrar" means the Registrar of the University appointed under section 17;
(s) "Regulations" means the Regulations of the University;
(t) "Statutes" means the Statutes of the University;
(u) "teacher" means Professors, Readers and Lecturers appointed or recognised by the University;
(v) "University" means the University of Allahabad established and incorporated under section 4;
(w) "University appointed teacher" means a teacher appointed by the University for imparting instruction and conducting research in the University or any college or institution maintained by the University;
(x) "University College" means a college or an institution maintained by the University or admitted to the privileges of the University as a Faculty;
(y) "University Institute" means an Institute, established and maintained by the University;
(z) "University recognised teacher" means a teacher recognised by the University for imparting instruction and conducting research in a college or institution admitted to the privileges of the University; and
(za) "Vice-Chancellor" means the Vice-Chancellor of the University appointed under section 14.
Title: Incorporation of University of Allahabad
(1) The University of Allahabad in the State of Uttar Pradesh, established under the Uttar Pradesh State Universities Act, 1973 (President's Act 10 of 1973), shall be established as a body corporate under this Act having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said name.
(2) The first Chancellor, the first Vice-Chancellor and the first members of the Court, the Executive Council and the Academic Council, and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members,
so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, shall constitute the University.
(3) The headquarters of the University shall be at Allahabad.