Section 46 in The Manipur University Act, 2005
Title: Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament
(1) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation should not be made, the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or Regulation.
(3) The power to make Statutes, Ordinances or Regulations shall include the power to give retrospective effect, from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statute, Ordinance or Regulations or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute, Ordinance or Regulation so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute, Ordinance or Regulation may be applicable.
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act and the Statutes,--
(a) the first Chancellor and first Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner and on such conditions as may be deemed fit and each of the said officer shall hold office for such term, not exceeding five years as may be specified by the Visitor;
(b) the first Registrar and the first Finance Officer shall be appointed by the Visitor and each of the said officers shall hold office for a term of three years;
(c) the first Court and the first Executive Council shall consist of not more than thirty members and eleven members, respectively, who shall be nominated by the Visitor and shall hold office for a term of three years;
(d) the first College Development Council shall consist of not more than ten members, who shall be nominated by the Visitor and they shall hold office for a term of three years;
(e) the first Academic Council shall consist of not more than twenty-one members, who shall be nominated by the Visitor and they shall hold office for a term of three years:
Provided that if any vacancy occurs in the above offices or authorities, the same shall be filled by appointment or nomination, as the case may be, by the Visitor, and the person so appointed or nominated shall hold office for so long as the officer or member in whose place he is appointed or nominated would have held office, if such vacancy had not occurred.
Title: Repeal and savings.
(1) The Manipur University Ordinance, 2005 (Ord. 3 of 2005) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act and—
(a) all appointments made, orders issued, degrees and other academic distinctions conferred, diplomas and certificates awarded, privileges granted, or other things done under the Manipur University Ordinance, 2005 (Ord. 3 of 2005), shall be deemed to have been respectively made, issued, conferred, awarded, granted or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act and, except as otherwise provided by or this Act or the Statutes, continue in force unless and until they are superseded by any order made under this Act or the Statutes; and
(b) all proceedings of Selection Committees for the appointment or promotion of teachers that took place before the commencement of this Act and all actions of the Executive Council in respect of the recommendations of such Selection Committees where no orders of appointment on the basis thereof were passed before the commencement of this Act shall, notwithstanding that the procedure for selection has been modified by this Act, be deemed to have been valid but further proceeding in connection with such pending selections shall be taken in accordance with the provisions of this Act and be continued from the stage where they stood immediately before such commencement, except if the concerned authorities take, with the approval of the Visitor, a decision to the contrary.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the University of Allahabad Act, 2005.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. 14th July, 2005, vide notification No. S.O. 978(E), dated 11th July, 2005, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of University of Allahabad as Institution of national importance
Whereas the objects of the University of Allahabad in the State of Uttar Pradesh are such as to make it an Institution of national importance, it is hereby declared that the said University is an Institution of national importance.