Section 32 in The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005
Title: Power of State Government to make rules
(1) The State Government may, by notification, and subject to the condition of previous publication, and consistent with this Act and the rules made by the Central Government, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the terms and conditions upon which eligibility for unemployment allowance may be determined under sub-section (2) of section 7;
(b) the procedure for payment of unemployment allowance under sub-section (6) of section 7;
(c) the terms and conditions subject to which the Chairperson and members of the State Council may be appointed, and the time, place and procedure of the meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) of their appointment to the State Council, under sub-section (2) of section 12;
(d) the grievance redressal mechanism at the Block level and the District level and the procedure to be followed in such matter under section 19;
(e) the manner in which and the conditions and limitations subject to which the State Fund shall be utilised under sub-section (2) of section 21;
(f) the authority who may administer and the manner in which he may hold the State Fund under sub-section (3) of section 21;
(g) the manner of maintaining books of account of employment of labourers and the expenditure under sub-section (2) of section 23;
(h) the arrangements required for proper execution of Schemes under sub-section (3) of section 23;
(i) the form and manner in which the accounts of the Scheme shall be maintained under subsection (2) of section 24;
(j) any other matter which is to be, or may be, prescribed or in respect of which provision is to be made by the State Government by rules.
Title: Laying of rules and Schemes
(1) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both the Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall have thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
(2) Every rule or Scheme made by the State Government under this Act shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of the State Legislature where there are two Houses, and where there is one House of the State Legislature, before that House.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of three years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Manipur University Act, 2005.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 13th day of October, 2005.
In this Act, and in all Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Ordinances;
(c) "Affiliated College" means a college admitted to the privileges of the University;
(d) "Board of Studies" means the Board of Studies of the University;
(e) "Chancellor", "Vice-Chancellor" and "Pro-Vice-Chancellor" mean, respectively, the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University;
(f) "College Development Council" means the College Development Council of the University;
(g) "Constituent College" means a college maintained by the University;
(h) "Court" means the Court of the University;
(i) "Department" means a Department of Studies and includes a Centre of Studies;
(j) "distance education system" means the system of imparting education through any means of communication, such as broadcasting, telecasting, correspondence courses, seminars, contact programmes or the combination of any two or more such means;
(k) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(l) "Executive Council" means the Executive Council of the University;
(m) "Hall" means a unit of residence or of corporate life for the students of the University, or of a College or an Institution, maintained by the University;
(n) "Institution" means an academic institution, not being a College, maintained by, or admitted to the privileges of, the University;
(o) "Principal" means the Head of a College or an Institution maintained by the University and includes, where there is no Principal, the person for the time being duly appointed to act as Principal, and in the absence of the Principal, or the acting Principal, a Vice-Principal duly appointed as such;
(p) "recognised teachers" means such persons as may be recognised by the University for the purpose of imparting instructions in a College or an Institution admitted to the privileges of the University;
(q) "Regulations" means the Regulations made by any authority of the University under this Act for the time being in force;
(r) "School" means a School of Studies of the University;
(s) "Statutes" and "Ordinances" mean, respectively, the Statutes and the Ordinances of the University for the time being in force;
(t) "teachers of the University" means Professors, Readers, Lecturers and such other persons as may be appointed for imparting instruction or conducting research in the University or in any College or Institution maintained by the University and are designated as teachers by the Ordinances;
(u) "University" means the Manipur University established and incorporated as a University under this Act.