Section 22 in The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutes Act, 2004
Title: Act to have overriding effect
The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.
Title: Returns or information
The Commission shall furnish to the Central Government such returns or other information with respect to its activities as the Central Government may, from time to time, require.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the salaries and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of the service of, the Chairperson and Members under sub-section (5) of section 5 and of the Secretary, officers and other employees under sub-section (2) of section 6;
1[(aa) the forms in which appeal under sub-section (3) of the section 12A and sub-section (3) of section 12B shall be made;]
(b) the financial and administrative powers to be exercised by the Chairperson under section 13;
(c) the form in which the annual statement of accounts shall be prepared under sub-section (1) of section 15;
(d) the form in, and the time at, which the annual report shall be prepared under section 16;
(e) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
1. Ins. by Act 18 of 2006, s. 8 (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to it to be necessary or expedient, for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions Ordinance, 2004 (Ord. 6 of 2004) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the said Ordinance, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.