Section 20 in The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutes Act, 2004
Title: Directions by Central Government
(1) In the discharge of its functions under this Act, the Commission shall be guided by such direction on questions of policy relating to national purposes, as may be given to it by the Central Government.
(2) If any dispute arises between the Central Government and the Commission as to whether a question is or is not a question of policy relating to national purposes, the decision of the Central Government shall be final.
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government, Commission, Chairperson, Members, Secretary or any officer or other employee of the Commission for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.
Title: Act to have overriding effect
The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.
Title: Returns or information
The Commission shall furnish to the Central Government such returns or other information with respect to its activities as the Central Government may, from time to time, require.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the salaries and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of the service of, the Chairperson and Members under sub-section (5) of section 5 and of the Secretary, officers and other employees under sub-section (2) of section 6;
1[(aa) the forms in which appeal under sub-section (3) of the section 12A and sub-section (3) of section 12B shall be made;]
(b) the financial and administrative powers to be exercised by the Chairperson under section 13;
(c) the form in which the annual statement of accounts shall be prepared under sub-section (1) of section 15;
(d) the form in, and the time at, which the annual report shall be prepared under section 16;
(e) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
1. Ins. by Act 18 of 2006, s. 8 (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).