Section 12E in The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutes Act, 2004
Title: Power of Commission to call for information, etc
1[12E. Power of Commission to call for information, etc.--(1) The Commission, while enquiring into the complaints of violation or deprivation of educational rights of minorities shall call for information or report from the Central Government or any State Government or any other authority or organisation subordinate thereto, within such time as may be specified by it:
(a) if the information or report is not received within the time stipulated by the Commission, it may proceed to inquire into the complaint;
(b) if, on receipt of information or report, the Commission is satisfied either that no further inquiry is required, or that the required action has been initiated or taken by the concerned Government or authority, it may not proceed with the complaint and inform the complainant accordingly.
(2) Where the inquiry establishes violation or deprivation of the educational rights of the minorities by a public servant, the Commission may recommend to the concerned Government or authority, the initiation of disciplinary proceedings or such other action against the concerned person or persons as may be deemed fit.
(3) The Commission shall send a copy of the inquiry report, together with its recommendations to the concerned Government or authority and the concerned Government authority shall, within a period of one month, or such further time as the Commission may allow, forward its comments on the report, including the action taken, or proposed to be taken thereon, to the Commission.
(4) The Commission shall publish its inquiry report and the action taken or proposed to be taken by the concerned Government or authority on the recommendations of the Commission.]
1. Ins. by s. 6, ibid. (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).
Title: Bar of jurisdiction
1[12F. Bar of jurisdiction.—No court (except the Supreme Court and a High Court exercising jurisdiction under articles 226 and 227 of the Constitution) shall entertain any suit, application or other proceedings in respect of any order made under this Chapter.]
1. Ins. by s. 6, ibid. (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).
Title: Financial and administrative powers of Chairperson
The Chairperson shall exercise such financial and administrative powers as may be vested in him by the rules made under this section:
Provided that the Chairperson shall have authority to delegate such of the financial and administrative powers as he may think fit to any Member or Secretary or any other officer of the Commission subject to the condition that such Member or Secretary or officer shall, while exercising such delegated powers, continue to act under the direction, control and supervision of the Chairperson.
Title: Grants by Central Government
(1) The Central Government shall, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Commission by way of grants such sums of money as the Central Government may think fit for being utilised for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The Commission may spend such sums of money as it thinks fit for performing the functions under this Act, and such sums shall be treated as expenditure payable out of the grants referred to in sub-section (1).
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Commission shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts in such form as may be prescribed by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Commission shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General at such intervals as may be specified by him and any expenditure incurred in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Commission to the Comptroller and Auditor-General.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Commission under this Act shall have the same rights and privileges and the authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General generally has in connection with the audit of Government accounts and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Commission.