Section 6 in The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutes Act, 2004
Title: Officers and other employees of Commission
(1) The Central Government shall provide the Commission with a Secretary and such other officers and employees as may be necessary for the efficient performance of the functions of the Commission under this Act.
(2) The salaries and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the Secretary, officers and other employees appointed for the purpose of the Commission shall be such as may be prescribed.
Title: Salaries and allowances to be paid out of grants
The salaries and allowances payable to the Chairperson and Members and the administrative expenses, including salaries, allowances and pensions payable to the Secretary, officers and other employees referred to in section 6, shall be paid out of the grants referred to in sub-section (1) of section 14.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of Commission
No act or proceeding of the commission shall be questioned or shall be invalid on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy or defect in the constitution of the Commission.
Title: Procedure to be regulated by Commission
(1) The Commission shall meet as and when necessary at such time and place as the Chairperson may think fit.
(2) The Commission shall regulate its own procedure.
(3) All orders and decisions of the Commission shall be authenticated by the Secretary or any other officer of the Commission duly authorised by the Secretary in this behalf.
Title: Right to establish a Minority Educational Institution
1[10. Right to establish a Minority Educational Institution.—2[(1) Subject to the provisions contained in any other law for the time being in force, any person, who desires to establish a Minority Educational Institution may apply to the competent authority for the grant of no objection certificate for the said purpose.]
(2) The Competent authority shall,--
(a) on perusal of documents, affidavits or other evidence, if any; and
(b) after giving an opportunity of being heard to the applicant,
decide every application filed under sub-section (1) as expeditiously as possible and grant or reject the application, as the case may be:
Provided that where an application is rejected, the Competent authority shall communicate the same to the applicant.
(3) Where within a period of ninety days from the receipt of the application under sub-section (1) for the grant of no objection certificate,--
(a) the Competent authority does not grant such certificate; or
(b) where an application has been rejected and the same has not been communicated to the person who has applied for the grant of such certificate,
it shall be deemed that the Competent authority has granted a no objection certificate to the applicant.
(4) The applicant shall, on the grant of a no objection certificate or where the Competent authority has deemed to have granted the no objection certificate, be entitled to commence and proceed with the establishment of a Minority Educational Institution in accordance with the rules and regulations, as the case may be, laid down by or under any law for the time being in force.
Explanation.--For the purposes of this section,--
(a) "applicant" means any person who makes an application under sub-section (1) for establishment of a Minority Educational Institution;
(b) "no objection certificate" means a certificate stating therein, that the Competent authority has no objection for the establishment of a Minority Educational Institution.]
1. Subs. by Act 18 of 2006, s.3, for CHAPTER III (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).
2. Subs. by Act 20 of 2010, s. 4, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 1-9-2010).