Section 24 in The Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005
Title: Framing of model rules for adoption by States
The Central Government may frame model rules in respect of all or any of the matters with respect to which the State Government may make rules under this Act, and where any such model rules have been framed the State Government shall, while making any rules in respect of that matter under section 25, so far as is practicable, conform to such model rules.
Title: Power of State Government to make rules
(1) The State Government may, by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the procedure for verification of character and antecedents under clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 10; the type of training under clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 10; the physical standard under clause (e) of sub-section (1) of section 10; and other conditions under clause (f) of sub-section (1) of section 10;
(b) the number of supervisors to be employed under sub-section (3) of section 9;
(c) the form of an application for grant of licence under sub-section (1) of section 7;
(d) the form in which the licence to be granted under sub-section (4) of section 7 and conditions subject to which such licence to be granted under section 11;
(e) the form of an application for renewal of licence under sub-section (1) of section 8;
(f) the form under sub-section (2) of section 14 for preferring an appeal;
(g) particulars to be maintained in a register under sub-section (1) of section 15;
(h) the form in which photo identity card under sub-section (2) of section 17 be issued;
(i) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every rule made by the State Government under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of the State Legislature where it consists of two Houses, or where such Legislature consists of one House, before that House.
(4) In respect of Union territories, every rule made to carry out the provisions of the Act shall be laid before each House of Parliament and where there exists a Legislative Assembly, before that Assembly
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions Act, 2004.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1***.
(3) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 11th day of November, 2004.
1. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10- 2019).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "affiliation" together with its grammatical variations, includes, in relation to a college, recognition of such college by, association of such college with, and admission of such college to the privileges of, a 1*** University;
2[(aa) appropriate Government means,--
(i) in relation to an educational institution recognised for conducting its programmes of studies under any Act of Parliament, the Central Government; and
(ii) in relation to any other educational institution recognised for conducting its programmes of studies under any State Act, a State Government in whose jurisdiction such institution is established;]
3* * * * *
(c) "Commission" means the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions constituted under section 3;
2[(ca) "Competent authority" means the authority appointed by the appropriate Government to grant no objection certificate for the establishment of any educational institution of their choice by the minorities;]
(d) "degree" means any such degree as may, with previous approval of the Central Government, be specified in this behalf by the University Grants Commission, by notification in the Official Gazette;
2[(da) "educational rights to minorities" means the rights of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions of their choice;]
(e) "Member" means a member of the Commission and includes the Chairperson;
(f) "minority", for the purpose of this Act, means a community notified as such by the Central Government;
5[(g) "Minority Educational Institution" means a college or an educational institution established and administered by a minority or minorities;]
(h) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(i) "qualification" means a degree or any other qualification awarded by a University;
5 * * * * *
(k) "technical education" has the meaning assigned to it in clause (g) of section 2 of the All India Council for Technical Education Act, 1987 (52 of 1987);
(l) "University" means a university defined under clause (f) of section 2 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956), and includes an institution deemed to be a University under section 3 of that Act, or an institution specifically empowered by an Act of Parliament to confer or grant degrees.
1. The word "Scheduled" omitted by Act 18 of 2006, s.2 (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).
2. Ins. by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).
3. Cl. (b) omitted by Act 20 of 2010, s. 2 (w.e.f.1-9-2010).
4. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for cl. (g) (w.e.f. 1-9-2010).
5. Cl. (j) omitted by Act 18 of 2006, s. 2 (w.e.f. 23-1-2006).
Title: Constitution of National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute a body to be known as the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions to exercise the powers conferred on, and to perform the functions assigned to, it under this Act.
(2) The Commission shall consist of a Chairperson and 1[three members] to be nominated by the Central Government.
1. Subs. by Act 20 of 2010, s. 3, for "two members" (w.e.f. 1-9-2010).