Section 17 in The Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005
Title: Issue of photo identity card
(1) Every private security guard shall be issued a photo identity card, by the private security agency employing or engaging the guard.
(2) The photo identity card under sub-section (1) shall be issued in such form as may be prescribed.
(3) Every private security guard or supervisor shall carry on his person the photo identity card issued under sub-section (1) and shall produce it on demand for inspection by the Controlling Authority or any other officer authorised by it in this behalf.
Title: Disclosure of information to unauthorised person
(1) Any person who may be or has been employed or engaged as a private security guard by the private security agency shall not divulge to anyone other than the employer, or in such manner and to such person as the employer directs, any information acquired by him during such employment with respect to the work which he has been assigned by such employer, except such disclosure as may be required under this Act or in connection with any inquiry or investigation by the police or as may be required by an authority or process of law.
(2) All private security guards of a private security agency shall render necessary assistance to the police or to such authority in the process of any investigation pertaining to the activities of that agency.
(3) If violation of any law is noticed by any private security guard during the course of discharge of his duties, he shall bring it to the notice of his superior, who in turn shall inform the police either through his employer or agency or on his own
The State Government may, by notification, direct that any power or function (except the powers to make rules under section 25)—
(a) which may be exercised or performed by it, or
(b) which may be exercised or performed by the Controlling Authority,
under this Act, may, in relation to such matter and subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the notification, be also exercised or performed by such officer or authority subordinate to the Government or officer subordinate to the Controlling Authority, as may be specified in such notification.
Title: Punishment for contravention of certain provisions
(1) Any person who contravenes the provisions of section 4 shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine which may extend to twenty-five thousand rupees, or with both.
(2) Any person or private security agency who contravenes, the provisions of sections 9, 10 and 12 of the Act, shall be punishable with a fine which may extend to twenty-five thousand rupees, in addition to suspension or cancellation of the licence.
Title: Penalty for unauthorised use of certain uniforms
If any private security guard or supervisor wears the uniform of the Army, Air force, Navy or any other armed forces of the Union or Police or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the distinctive marks of that uniform, he and the proprietor of the private security agency shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine which may extend to five thousand rupees, or with both.