Section 8 in The National Tax Tribunal Act, 2005
Title: Terms of office of Chairperson and other Members
The Chairperson and every other Member shall hold office as such for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office but shall be eligible for re-appointment:
Provided that no Chairperson or other Member shall hold office as such after he has attained,—
(a) in the case of Chairperson, the age of sixty-eight years; and
(b) in the case of any other Member, the age of sixty-five years.
Title: Resignation of Chairperson and other Members
The Chairperson or any other Member may, by notice in writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government, resign his office.
Title: Salary and allowances
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the salary and allowances and other terms and conditions of the Chairperson shall be the same as applicable to a sitting Judge of the Supreme Court, but no vacation shall be allowed:
Provided that if a person who, immediately before the date of assuming the office as the Chairperson was in receipt of or being eligible so to do, had elected to draw, a pension in respect of any previous service or office held by such person under the Government of the Union or of a State, his salary in respect of service as Chairperson shall be reduced by the amount of that pension.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this sub-section, "vacation" shall have the meaning assigned to it in the Supreme Court Judges (Conditions of Service) Act, 1958 (41 of 1958).
(2) A Member shall draw salary of a High Court Judge and other allowances and the terms and conditions of his service shall be the same as applicable to a Secretary to the Government of India:
Provided that if a person who, immediately before the date of assuming the office as Member was in receipt of, or being eligible so to do, had elected to draw, a pension in respect of any previous service held by such person in connection with the affairs of the Union or of a State, his salary in respect of service as Member shall be reduced to the extent of that pension.
(3) The salary and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of Chairperson or a Member of the Tribunal shall not be varied to his disadvantage after appointment.
Title: Removal and suspension of Chairperson and other Members.
(1) The Central Government may, in consultation with the Chief Justice of India, remove from office the Chairperson or any Member who—
(a) has been adjudged an insolvent; or
(b) has been convicted of an offence which, in the opinion of the Central Government, involves moral turpitude; or
(c) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as such Chairperson or Member of the National Tax Tribunal; or
(d) has acquired such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as the Chairperson or a Member of the National Tax Tribunal; or
(e) has so abused his position as to render his continuance in office prejudicial to the public interest.
(2) The Chairperson or any other Member shall not be removed from his office except by an order made by the Central Government on the ground of proved misbehaviour or incapacity after an inquiry made by a Judge of the Supreme Court in which such Chairperson or Member had been informed of the charges against him and given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in respect of those charges.
(3) The Central Government may suspend from office the Chairperson or any other Member in respect of whom a reference of conducting an inquiry has been made to the Judge of the Supreme Court under sub-section (2) until the Central Government has passed orders on receipt of the report of the Judge of the Supreme Court on such reference.
(4) The Central Government may, by rules, regulate the procedure for the investigation of misbehaviour or incapacity of the Chairperson or a Member referred to in sub-section (2).
Title: Officers and employees of National Tax Tribunal
(1) The Central Government shall provide the National Tax Tribunal with such officers and employees as it may deem fit.
(2) The salaries and allowances and other conditions of service of officers and employees of the National Tax Tribunal shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) The officers and employees of the National Tax Tribunal shall discharge their functions under the general superintendence of the Chairperson.
(4) The officers and the other employees shall be appointed on the recommendations of a Selection Committee constituted by the Central Government.