Section 17 in The Coastal Aquaculture Authority Act, 2005
Title: Fund of Authority
(1) The Authority shall have its own fund and all sums which may, from time to time, be paid to it by the Central Government and all the receipts of the Authority (including any sum which any State Government or any other authority or person may hand over to the Authority) shall be credited to the fund and all payments by the Authority shall be made therefrom.
(2) All moneys belonging to the fund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as may, subject to the approval of the Central Government, be decided by the Authority.
(3) The Authority may spend such sums as it thinks fit for performing its functions under this Act, and such sums shall be treated as expenditure payable out of the fund of the Authority.
The Authority shall prepare, in such form and at such time each year as may be prescribed, a budget, in respect of the financial year next ensuing, showing the estimated receipts and expenditure and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government.
Title: Annual report
The Authority shall prepare once in every calendar year, in such form and at such time as may be prescribed an annual report giving a true and full account of its activities during the previous year and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Authority shall cause to be maintained such books of account and other books in relation to its accounts in such form and in such manner as may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, be prescribed.
(2) The Authority shall, as soon as may be, after closing its annual accounts, prepare a statement of accounts in such form, and forward the same to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India by such date, as the Central Government may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, determine.
(3) The accounts of the Authority shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India at such times and in such manner as he thinks fit.
(4) The accounts of the Authority as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Chairperson and other members, officers and other employees of Authority, etc., to be public servants
The Chairperson and other members and the officers and other employees of the Authority and the authority appointed by the Authority shall be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the India Penal Code (45 of 1860).