Section 7 in The Coastal Aquaculture Authority Act, 2005
Title: Meetings of Authority
(1) The Authority shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum thereat) as may be specified by regulations.
(2) If for any reason the Chairperson is unable to attend any meeting of the Authority any other member chosen by the members present at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and voting and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson or in his absence the person presiding, shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
Title: Vacancy in Authority not to invalidate proceeding
No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be invalidated merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Authority; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a member of the Authority; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure adopted by the Authority not affecting the merits of the case.
Title: Appointment of officers, consultants and other employees of Authority.
(1) For the purposes of discharging its functions, the Authority shall appoint such number of officers and other employees as it may consider necessary on such terms and conditions as may be specified by the regulations.
(2) The Authority may appoint, from time to time, any person as adviser or consultant as it may consider necessary on such terms and conditions as may be specified by the regulations.
Title: Authentication of orders and other instruments of Authority
All orders, decisions and other instruments of the Authority shall be authenticated under the signature of the Chairperson or any other member or any officer of the Authority authorised by the Chairperson in this behalf.
Title: Functions of Authority
(1) Subject to any guidelines issued by the Central Government under section 3, the Authority shall exercise the following powers and perform the following functions, namely:--
(a) to make regulations for the construction and operation of aquaculture farms within the coastal areas;
(b) to inspect coastal aquaculture farms with a view to ascertaining their environmental impact caused by coastal aquaculture;
(c) to register coastal aquaculture farms;
(d) to order removal or demolition of any coastal aquaculture farms which is causing pollution after hearing the occupier of the farm; and
(e) to perform such other functions as may be prescribed.
(2) Where the Authority orders removal or demolition of any coastal aquaculture farm under clause (d) of sub-section (1), the workers of the said farm shall be paid such compensation as may be settled between the workers and the management through an authority consisting of one person only to be appointed by the Authority and such authority may exercise such powers of a District Magistrate for such purpose, as may be prescribed.