Section 5 in The Coastal Aquaculture Authority Act, 2005
Title: Disqualifications for appointment as member
A person shall be disqualified for being appointed as a member if he—
(a) has been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for an offence which, in the opinion of the Central Government, involves moral turpitude; or
(b) is an undischarged insolvent; or
(c) is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court; or
(d) has been removed or dismissed from the service of the Government or a Corporation owned or controlled by the Government; or
(e) has, in the opinion of the Central Government, such financial or other interest in the Authority as is likely to affect prejudicially the discharge by him of his functions as a member.
Title: Eligibility of member for reappointment
Subject to sub-section (5) of section 4, any person ceasing to be a member shall be eligible for reappointment as such member for not more than two consecutive terms.
Title: Meetings of Authority
(1) The Authority shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum thereat) as may be specified by regulations.
(2) If for any reason the Chairperson is unable to attend any meeting of the Authority any other member chosen by the members present at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and voting and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson or in his absence the person presiding, shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
Title: Vacancy in Authority not to invalidate proceeding
No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be invalidated merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Authority; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a member of the Authority; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure adopted by the Authority not affecting the merits of the case.
Title: Appointment of officers, consultants and other employees of Authority.
(1) For the purposes of discharging its functions, the Authority shall appoint such number of officers and other employees as it may consider necessary on such terms and conditions as may be specified by the regulations.
(2) The Authority may appoint, from time to time, any person as adviser or consultant as it may consider necessary on such terms and conditions as may be specified by the regulations.