Section 39 in The Actuaries Act, 2006
Title: Companies not to engage in actuarial practice
(1) No company, whether incorporated in India or elsewhere, shall practice as Actuaries.
(2) Any company contravening the provisions of sub-section (1) shall be punishable on first conviction with fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees, and on any subsequent conviction with fine which may extend to twenty-five thousand rupees.
Title: Unqualified person not to sign documents
(1) No person other than a fellow member of the Institute shall sign any document on behalf of an Actuary in practice or a firm of such Actuaries in his or its professional capacity.
(2) Any person contravening the provisions of sub-section (1) shall, without prejudice to any other proceedings which may be taken against him, be punishable on first conviction with fine which may extend to fifty thousand rupees, and on any subsequent conviction with imprisonment which may extend to one year, or with fine which may extend to one lakh rupees, or with both.
Title: Offences by companies
(1) If the person committing an offence under this Act is a company, the company as well as every person in charge of, and responsible to, the company for the conduct of its business at the time of the commission of the offence shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly:
Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall render any such person liable to any punishment if he proves that the offence was committed without his knowledge or that he had exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company and it is proved that the offence has been committed with the consent or connivance of, or that the commission of the offence is attributable to any neglect on the part of, any director, manager, secretary or other officer of the company, such director, manager, secretary or other officer shall also be deemed to be guilty of that offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
Explanation.--For the purposes of this section—
(a) "company" means any body corporate and includes a firm or other association of individuals; and
(b) "director", in relation to a firm, means a partner in the firm.
Title: Sanction to prosecute
No person shall be prosecuted under this Act except on a complaint made by or under the order of the Council or of the Central Government.
Title: Establishment of Quality Review Board
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, constitute a Quality Review Board consisting of a Chairperson and not more than four Members:
Provided that in case the Board is constituted with two Members, one each shall be nominated by the Council and the Central Government, respectively.
(2) The Chairperson and Members of the Board shall be appointed from amongst the persons of eminence having experience in the field of law, education, economics, business, finance, accountancy or public administration.
(3) Two Members of the Board shall be nominated by the Council and other two Members shall be nominated by the Central Government.