Section 35 in The Actuaries Act, 2006
Title: Officers and other staff of Authority
(1) The Council shall make available to the Authority such officers and other staff members as may be necessary for the efficient performance of the functions of the Authority.
(2) The salaries and allowances and conditions of service of the officers and other staff members of the Authority shall be such as may be specified.
Title: Appeal to Authority
(1) Any member of the Institute aggrieved by any order of the Council imposing on him any of the penalties referred to in section 30, may, within ninety days of the date on which the order is communicated to him, prefer an appeal to the Authority:
Provided that the Authority may entertain any such appeal after the expiry of the said period of ninety days, if it is satisfied that there was sufficient cause for not filing the appeal in time.
(2) The Authority may, after calling for the records of any case, revise any order made by the Council under section 30 and may—
(a) confirm, modify or set aside the order;
(b) impose any penalty or set aside, reduce or enhance the penalty imposed by the order;
(c) remit the case to the Disciplinary Committee for such further inquiry as the Authority considers proper in the circumstances of the case; or
(d) pass such other order as the Authority thinks fit:
Provided that the Authority shall give an opportunity of being heard to the parties concerned before passing any order.
Title: Penalty for falsely claiming to be a member, etc
Subject to the provisions of section 10, any person who,--
(a) not being a member of the Institute,--
(i) represents that he is a member of the Institute in any of the manners mentioned in section 7; or
(ii) uses the designation "Actuary"; or
(iii) uses the letters "AIAI" or "FIAI" after his name; or
(iv) practises the profession of an Actuary; or
(b) being a member of the Institute, but not having a certificate of practice, represents that he is in practice, or practises as an Actuary,
shall be punishable on first conviction with fine which may extend to one lakh rupees, and on any subsequent conviction with imprisonment which may extend to one year, or with fine which may extend to two lakh rupees, or with both.
Title: Penalty for using name of Institution, awarding degrees of actuarial science, etc
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this Act, no person shall—
(a) use a name or a common seal which is identical with the name or the common seal of the Institute or so nearly resembles it so as to deceive or as is likely to deceive the public; or
(b) award any degree, diploma or certificate or bestow any designation which indicates or purports to indicate the position or attainment of any qualification or competence in actuaryship similar to that of a member of the Institute; or
(c) seek to regulate in any manner whatsoever the profession of Actuaries.
(2) Any person contravening the provisions of sub-section (1) shall, without prejudice to any other proceedings, which may be taken against him, be punishable with fine, which may extend on first conviction to fifty thousand rupees and on any subsequent conviction with imprisonment which may extend to one year, or, with fine which may extend to one lakh rupees, or with both.
(3) Nothing contained in this section shall apply to any University or other institution established by law or to any body affiliated to the Institute.
Title: Companies not to engage in actuarial practice
(1) No company, whether incorporated in India or elsewhere, shall practice as Actuaries.
(2) Any company contravening the provisions of sub-section (1) shall be punishable on first conviction with fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees, and on any subsequent conviction with fine which may extend to twenty-five thousand rupees.