Section 25 in The Actuaries Act, 2006
Title: Re-entry in register.
The Council may re-enter the name of a member whose name has been removed from the register for reasons mentioned in clauses (b), (c), (d) and (e) of section 24, by an order, and on paying such fees, and after satisfying such conditions and requirements as may be specified.
Title: Disciplinary Committee
(1) The Council shall constitute a Disciplinary Committee consisting of the President or the Vice-President of the Council as the Presiding Officer and two members of the Council elected by the Council and two members to be nominated by the Central Government from amongst the persons of eminence having experience in the field of law, education, economics, business, finance, accountancy or public administration:
Provided that the Council may constitute more regional Disciplinary Committees as and when it deems fit.
(2) The Disciplinary Committee in making the inquiry under the provisions of this Act shall follow such procedure and submit the report to the Council within such time as may be prescribed.
Title: Appointment of Prosecution Director
(1) The Council may, by notification, appoint a Prosecution Director and such other employees to assist the Disciplinary Committee in making inquiries in respect of any information or complaint received by the Council under the provisions of this Act.
(2) In order to make inquiries under the provisions of this Act, the Prosecution Director shall follow such procedure as may be prescribed.
Title: Authority, Council, Disciplinary Committee and Prosecution Director to have powers of civil court
For the purposes of an inquiry under the provisions of this Act, the Authority, the Disciplinary Committee and the Prosecution Director shall have the same powers as are vested in a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), in respect of the following matters, namely:--
(a) summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person and examining him on oath;
(b) the discovery and production of any document; and
(c) receiving evidence on affidavit.
Title: Action by Council on disciplinary Committee’s report
(1) On receipt of a report from the Disciplinary Committee, if the Council is satisfied that the member of the Institute is guilty of any professional or other misconduct, it shall record its findings accordingly and shall proceed in accordance with the provisions of section 30.
(2) In case the Council is not satisfied with the report of the Disciplinary Committee and is of the opinion that it requires further inquiry, it may refer the report again to the Disciplinary Committee for such further inquiry as may be directed through an order of the Council.
(3) If the Council disagrees with the findings of the Disciplinary Committee, it may direct the Prosecution Director or itself make an appeal to the Authority.