Section 31A in The Government Securities Act, 2006
Title: Powers of Bank not to apply to International Financial Services Centre
1[31A. Powers of Bank not to apply to International Financial Services Centre.-- Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the powers exercisable by the Bank under this Act,--
(a) shall not extend to an International Financial Services Centre set up under sub-section (1) of section 18 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 (28 of 2005);
(b) shall be exercisable by the International Financial Services Centre Authority established under sub-section (1) of section 4 of the International Financial Services Centres Authority Act, 2019,
in so far as regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions that are permitted in the International Financial Services Centres are concerned.]
1. Ins. by Act 50 of 2019, s. 33 and the second Schedule (w.e.f. 1-10-2020).
Title: Power to make regulations
(1) The Bank may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations to carry out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power such regulations may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the form in which and the terms and conditions subject to which the Government securities may be issued under section 3;
(b) the form in which and the fee to be charged for opening and maintenance of subsidiary general ledger account including constituents' subsidiary general ledger account and bond ledger account by the Bank under sub-section (1) of section 4;
(c) the form and manner in which Government securities shall be transferred under sub-section (2) of section 5 and the manner in which any document relating to any Government security or any endorsement on a promissory note may be executed on behalf of a person who is unable to write under sub-section (3) of that section;
(d) the documents to be produced for recognition of title to the Government security of a deceased sole holder or all deceased joint holders under sub-section (2) of section 7 and the manner in which and the conditions subject to which the Bank may recognise title to a Government security under sub-section (3) of that section;
(e) the form and the manner in which a nomination may be made, varied or cancelled and the manner in which any person may be appointed in whom the Government security would be deemed to have vested in the event of death of holder or joint holders of Government security during the minority of a nominee under section 9;
(f) the conditions governing the issue of duplicate Government securities and the fees to be paid therefor under section 11;
(g) the manner in which the Bank may determine title to a Government security under section 12;
(h) the form of bond under sub-section (1) of section 15;
(i) the procedure for making vesting order referred to in sub-section (1) of section 17;
(j) the circumstances and the manner in which and the conditions subject to which inspection of Government securities, books, registers and other documents may be allowed or information therefrom may be given under section 24;
(k) the terms and conditions subject to which pledge or hypothecation or lien be created under sub-section (1) of section 28.
(3) Every regulation made by the Bank under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the regulation or both Houses agree that the regulation should not be made, the regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that regulation.
Title: Construction of references to laws not in force in Jammu and Kashmir
[Construction of references to laws not in force in Jammu and Kashmir.[--Omitted by the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization (Adaptation of Central Laws) Order, 2020, vide Notification No. S.O. 1123(E), dated (18-3-2020) and Vide Union Territory of Ladakh Reorganisation (Adaptation of Central Laws) Order, 2020, notification No. S.O. 3774(E), dated (23-10-2020).]
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, remove the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Indian Securities Act, 1920 (10 of 1920) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal anything done or any action taken in the exercise of any power conferred by or under the Act shall be deemed to have been done or taken in the exercise of the powers conferred by or under this Act as if this Act was in force on the day on which such thing was done or action was taken.