Section 30 in The National Institute of Fashion Technology Act, 2006
Title: Sponsored schemes
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, whenever the Institute receives funds from any Government, the University Grants Commission or any other agency including industry sponsoring a research scheme or a consultancy assignment or a teaching programme or a chaired professorship or a scholarship, etc., to be executed or endowed at the Institute:--
(a) the amount received shall be kept by the Institute separately from the Fund of the Institute and utilised only for the purpose of the scheme; and
(b) the staff required to execute the same shall be recruited in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated by the sponsoring organisations:
Provided that any money remaining unutilised shall be transferred to the endowment fund created under section 20 of this Act.
Title: Power of Institute to grant degrees, etc
The Institute shall have the power to grant degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions under this Act, which shall be equivalent to such corresponding degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions granted by any University or Institute established or incorporated under any other law for the time being in force.
Title: Powers to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provision or give such direction not inconsistent with the purposes of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of two years from the appointed day.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act—
(a) the Board of Governors of the Society functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until a new Board is constituted for the Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act the members of the Board holding office before such constitution shall cease to hold office; and
(b) until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act, the rules and regulations, instructions and guidelines of the Society as in force, immediately before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply to the Institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act.
Title: Statutes and Ordinances to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament
(1) Every Statute or Ordinance made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every Statute or Ordinance made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute or Ordinance or both Houses agree that the Statute or Ordinance should not be made, the Statute or Ordinance shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute or Ordinance.
(3) The power to make Statutes or Ordinances shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act to Statutes or Ordinances or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute or Ordinance so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statutes or Ordinances may be applicable.