Section 23 in The National Institute of Fashion Technology Act, 2006
All appointments of the staff of the Institute, except that of the Director General, shall be made in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Statutes by—
(a) the Board, if the appointment is made on the academic staff in the post of Assistant Professor or above or if the appointment is made on the non-academic staff in any cadre, the maximum of the pay-scale for which is the same or higher than that of Assistant Professor; and
(b) the Director-General, in any other case.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the formation of departments of teaching;
(b) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(c) the classification, the method of appointment and the determination of the terms and conditions of service of officers, teachers and other staff of the Institute;
(d) the reservation of posts for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and other backward categories of persons as may be determined by the Central Government;
(e) the constitution of pension, insurance and provident funds for the benefit of the officers, teachers and other staff of the Institute;
(f) the constitution, powers and duties of the authorities of the Institute;
(g) the establishment and maintenance of halls and hostels;
(h) the manner of filling up of vacancies among members of the Board;
(i) the authentication of the orders and decisions of the Board;
(j) the meetings of the Senate, the quorum at such meetings and the procedure to be followed in the conduct of their business; and
(k) any other matter which by this Act is to be or may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Statutes how made
(1) The first Statutes of the Institute shall be framed by the Board with the previous approval of the Visitor and a copy of the same shall be laid as soon as may be before each House of Parliament.
(2) The Board may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes in the manner hereafter in this section provided.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statute or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the previous approval of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit it to the Board for consideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances of the Institute may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission of the students to the Institute;
(b) the reservation for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and other backward categories of persons;
(c) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the Institute;
(d) the conditions under which students shall be admitted to the degree, diploma and certificate courses and to the examinations of the Institute and award of degrees, diplomas and certificates;
(e) the conditions for award of fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(f) the conditions and mode of appointment and duties of examining body, examiners and moderators;
(g) the conduct of examinations;
(h) the maintenance of discipline among the students of the Institute;
(i) the fees to be charged for courses of study in the Institute and for admission to the examinations of degrees, diplomas and certificates of the Institute;
(j) the conditions of residence of students of the Institute and the levying of the fees for residence in the halls and hostels and other charges; and
(k) any other matter which by this Act or the Statutes is to be or may be provided for by the Ordinances.
Title: Ordinances how made
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.
(2) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Board and shall be considered by the Board at its next succeeding meeting.
(3) The Board shall have power by resolution to modify or cancel any such Ordinance and such Ordinance shall from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled, as the case may be.