Section 13 in The National Institute of Fashion Technology Act, 2006
Title: Functions of Senate
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, the Senate of the Institute shall have the control and general regulation, and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of instruction, education and examination in the Institute and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes.
Title: Functions, powers and duties of Chairperson
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Board and at the Convocations of the Institute.
(2) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes.
(1) The Director-General of the Institute shall be appointed by the Board with the prior approval of the Central Government for a tenure of three years.
(2) The Director-General shall be the principal executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the Institute and for imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Director-General shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Board.
(4) The Director-General shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act, Statutes and Ordinances.
(5) The Central Government shall have the power to remove the Director-General before the tenure of three years, if it considers it appropriate to do so.
(1) The Registrar of the Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, the common seal, the funds of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Board shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Board, the Senate and such committees as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director-General for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director-General.
Title: Powers and duties of other authorities and officers
The powers and duties of authorities and officers, other than those hereinbefore mentioned, shall be determined by the Statutes.