Section 37 in The Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to be necessary for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of the period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the National Institute of Fashion Technology Act, 2006.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1 1st April, 2007, vide notification No. S.O. 2159(E), dated 27th December, 2006, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "appointed day" means the date of establishment of the National Institute of Fashion Technology under sub-section (1) of section 3;
(b) "Board" means the Board of Governors of the Institute constituted under sub-section (3) of section 3;
c) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Institute nominated under clause (a) of sub-section (3) of section 3;
d) "Director-General" means the Director-General of the Institute appointed under section 15;
(e) "fashion" includes a popular trend or a lifestyle, specially in styles of dress and ornament or manners of behaviour or the business of creating, promoting or studying styles in vogue or the designing, production and marketing of new styles of goods such as, clothing, accessories, craft and cosmetics; and the words "fashion technology" with their grammatical variations and cognate expressions, shall be construed accordingly;
(f) "Fund" means the Fund of the Institute to be maintained under section 19;
(g) "Institute" means the National Institute of Fashion Technology established under sub-section (1) of section 3;
(h) "Institute Campus" means an Institute Campus located at New Delhi, Gandhinagar, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata or any other place in India or abroad as may be decided by the Board of Governors;
(i) "Senate" means the Senate of the Institute referred to in section 12;
(j) "Society" means the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860);
(k) "Statutes and Ordinances" mean respectively the Statutes and the Ordinances of the Institute made under this Act.
Title: Establishment of the Institute
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette appoint, the National Institute of Fashion Technology shall be established as a body corporate by the name aforesaid.
(2) The Institute shall have perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall, by that name, sue or be sued.
(3) The Institute shall consist of the Board of Governors having the following persons, namely:--
(a) a Chairperson, who shall be an eminent academician, scientist or technologist or professional, to be nominated by the Visitor;
(b) three Members of Parliament, two from Lok Sabha to be nominated by the Speaker of Lok Sabha and one from Rajya Sabha to be nominated by the Chairman of Rajya Sabha;
(c) the Director-General of the Institute, ex officio;
(d) the Financial Adviser of the Ministry or Department in the Government of India dealing with the National Institute of Fashion Technology, ex officio;
(e) the Joint Secretary, in the Ministry or Department in the Government of India dealing with the National Institute of Fashion Technology, ex officio;
(f) the representative of the Ministry or Department in the Government of India dealing with higher education to be nominated by the Secretary of that Ministry or Department, ex officio;
(g) five persons to be nominated by the Central Government, representing the States in which the campus of the Institute is located, from amongst persons who are academicians or industrialists of repute engaged in area of fashion technology; and
(h) two eminent experts in fashion technology, one of whom shall be an educationist, to be nominated by the Visitor on the recommendations of the Central Government.
(4) The term of office of the Chairperson and other members of the Board other than ex officio members thereof shall be three years and they shall be entitled for such allowances as may be determined by the Central Government.
(5) The term of office of members of the Board nominated to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he has been nominated.
(6) The Board shall meet at least four times in a year at such place and time and observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings as may be determined by the Board.
(7) It is hereby declared that the office of member of the Board of Governors shall not disqualify its holder for being chosen as, or for being, a member of either House of Parliament.
Title: Vesting of properties
On and from the appointed day, subject to the other provisions of this Act, all properties which had vested in the Society, immediately before the commencement of this Act, shall on and from such commencement, vest in the Institute.