Section 8 in The Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005
Title: Vacation of office by Chairperson or Member
(1) If the Chairperson or, as the case may be, a Member,--
(a) becomes subject to any of the disqualifications mentioned in section 7; or
(b) tenders his resignation under sub-section (2) of section 5,
his seat shall thereupon become vacant.
(2) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of the Chairperson or a Member, whether by reason of his death, resignation or otherwise, such vacancy shall be filled within a period of ninety days by making afresh appointment in accordance with the provisions of section 4and the person so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office for which the Chairperson, or a Member, as the case may be, in whose place he is so appointed would have held that office.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of Commission
No act or proceeding of the Commission shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Commission; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person as the Chairperson or a Member; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Commission not affecting the merits of the case
Title: Procedure for transaction of business
(1) The Commission shall meet regularly at its office at such time as the Chairperson thinks fit, but three months shall not intervene between its last and the next meeting.
(2) All decisions at a meeting shall be taken by majority:
Provided that in the case of equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence the person presiding, shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
(3) If for any reason, the Chairperson, is unable to attend the meeting of the Commission, any Member chosen by the Members present from amongst themselves at the meeting, shall preside.
(4) The Commission shall observe such rules of procedure in the transaction of its business at a meeting, including the quorum at such meeting, as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(5) All orders and decisions of the Commission shall be authenticated by the Member-Secretary or any other officer of the Commission duly authorised by Member-Secretary in this behalf.
Title: Member-Secretary, officers and other employees of Commission
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, appoint an officer not below the rank of the Joint Secretary or the Additional Secretary to the Government of India as a Member-Secretary of the Commission and shall make available to the Commission such other officers and employees as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions.
(2) The Member-Secretary shall be responsible for the proper administration of the affairs of the Commission and its day-to-day management and shall exercise and discharge such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(3) The salary and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of the Member-Secretary, other officers and employees, appointed for the purpose of the Commission shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
Title: Salaries and allowances to be paid out of grants
The salaries and allowances payable to the Chairperson and Members and the administrative expenses, including salaries, allowances and pensions payable to the Member-Secretary, other officers and employees referred to in section 11, shall be paid out of the grants referred to in sub-section (1) of section 27.