Section 5 in The Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005
Title: Term of office and conditions of service of Chairperson and Members
(1) The Chairperson and every Member shall hold office as such for a term of three years from the date on which he assumes office:
Provided that no Chairperson or a Member shall hold the office for more than two terms:
Provided further that no Chairperson or any other Member shall hold office as such after he has attained—
(a) in the case of the Chairperson, the age of sixty-five years; and
(b) in the case of a Member, the age of sixty years.
(2) The Chairperson or a Member may, by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government, resign his office at any time.
Title: Salary and allowances of Chairperson and Members
The salary and allowances payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson and Members, shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government:
Provided that neither the salary and allowances nor the other terms and conditions of service of the Chairperson or a Member, as the case may be, shall be varied to his disadvantage after his appointment.
Title: Removal from office
(1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (2), the Chairperson may be removed from his office by an order of the Central Government on the ground of proved misbehaviour or incapacity.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the Central Government may by order remove from office the Chairperson or any other Member, if the Chairperson or, as the case may be, such other Member,--
(a) is adjudged an insolvent; or
(b) engages during his term of office in any paid employment outside the duties of his office; or
(c) refuses to act or becomes incapable of acting; or
(d) is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court; or
(e) has so abused his office as to render his continuance in office detrimental to the public interest; or
(f) is convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for an offence which in the opinion of the Central Government involves moral turpitude; or
(g) is, without obtaining leave of absence from the Commission, absent from three consecutive meetings of the Commission.
(3) No person shall be removed under this section until that person has been given an opportunity of being heard in the matter.
Title: Vacation of office by Chairperson or Member
(1) If the Chairperson or, as the case may be, a Member,--
(a) becomes subject to any of the disqualifications mentioned in section 7; or
(b) tenders his resignation under sub-section (2) of section 5,
his seat shall thereupon become vacant.
(2) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of the Chairperson or a Member, whether by reason of his death, resignation or otherwise, such vacancy shall be filled within a period of ninety days by making afresh appointment in accordance with the provisions of section 4and the person so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office for which the Chairperson, or a Member, as the case may be, in whose place he is so appointed would have held that office.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of Commission
No act or proceeding of the Commission shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Commission; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person as the Chairperson or a Member; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Commission not affecting the merits of the case