Section 8 in The Pondicherry (Alteration of Name) Act, 2006
Title: Power to adapt laws
(1) For the purpose of giving effect to the alteration of the name of the Union territory of Pondicherry by section 3, the appropriate Government may, before the expiration of one year from the appointed day, by order, make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before the appointed day, whether by way of repeal or amendment, as may be necessary or expedient, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made.
(2) Nothing in sub-section (1) shall be deemed to prevent Parliament or Legislative Assembly of the Union territory of Puducherry or other competent authority from repealing or amending any law adapted or modified by the appropriate Government under the said sub-section.
Title: Power to construe laws
Notwithstanding that no provision or insufficient provision has been made under section 8 for the adaptation of a law made before the appointed day, any court, tribunal or authority, required or empowered to enforce such law, may construe the law in such manner, without affecting the substance, as may be necessary or proper in regard to the matter before the court, tribunal or authority.
Title: Legal proceedings
Where immediately before the appointed day any legal proceedings are pending to which the administrator of the Union territory of Pondicherry is a party, or the Union of India represented by the said administrator is a party, then, for the purposes of those proceedings, any reference to the administrator of the Union territory of Pondicherry shall be construed as a reference to the administrator of the Union territory of Puducherry.
Title: Short title, extent and duration
(1) This Act may be called the Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Act, 2006.
(2) It extends to Delhi.
(3) It shall cease to have effect on the expiry of one year from the date of its commencement, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such cesser, and upon such cesser section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897), shall apply as if this Act had then been repealed by a Central Act.
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "building bye-laws" means bye-laws made under section 481 of the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 (66 of 1957) or the bye-laws made under section 188, sub-section (3) of section 189 and sub-section (1) of section 190 of the Punjab Municipal Act, 1911 (Punjab Act 3 of 1911), as in force in New Delhi or the regulations made under sub-section (1) of section 57 of the Delhi Development Act, 1957 (61 of 1957), relating to buildings;
(b) "Delhi" means the entire area of the National Capital Territory of Delhi except the Delhi Cantonment as defined in clause (11) of section 2 of the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 (66 of 1957);
(c) "encroachment" means unauthorised occupation of Government land or public land by way of putting temporary, semi-permanent or permanent structure for residential use or commercial use or any other use;
(d) "local authority" means the Delhi Municipal Corporation established under the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 (66 of 1957), or the New Delhi Municipal Council established under the New Delhi Municipal Council Act, 1994 (44 of 1994) or the Delhi Development Authority established under the Delhi Development Act, 1957 (61 of 1957), legally entitled to exercise control in respect of the areas under their respective jurisdiction;
(e) "Master Plan" means the Master Plan for Delhi 2001 notified under the Delhi Development Act, 1957;
(f) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(g) "punitive action" means action taken by a local authority under the relevant law against unauthorised development and shall include demolition, sealing of premises and displacement of persons or their business establishment from their existing location, whether in pursuance of Court orders or otherwise;
(h) "relevant law" means in case of—
(i) the Delhi Development Authority, the Delhi Development Act, 1957 (61 of 1957);
(ii) the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 (66 of 1957); and
(iii) the New Delhi Municipal Council, the New Delhi Municipal Council Act, 1994 (44 of 1994);
(i) "unauthorised development" means use of land or use of building or construction of building carried out in contravention of the sanctioned plans or without obtaining the sanction of plans, or in contravention of the land use as permitted under the Master Plan or Zonal Plan or layout plan, as the case may be, and includes encroachment.
(2) The words and expressions used but not defined herein shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Delhi Development Act, 1957 (61 of 1957), the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 (66 of 1957) and the New Delhi Municipal Council Act, 1994 (44 of 1994).