Section 6 in The Uttaranchal (Alteration of Name) Act, 2006
Title: Power to adapt laws
(1) For the purpose of giving effect to the alteration of the name of the State of Uttaranchal by section 3, the appropriate Government may, before the expiration of one year from the appointed day, by order, make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before the appointed day, whether by way of repeal or amendment, as may be necessary or expedient, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made.
(2) Nothing in sub-section (1) shall be deemed to prevent a competent Legislature or other competent authority from repealing or amending any law adapted or modified by the appropriate Government under the said sub-section.
Title: Power to construe laws.
Notwithstanding that no provision or insufficient provision has been made under section 6 for the adaptation of a law made before the appointed day, any court, tribunal or authority, required or empowered to enforce such law, may construe the law in such manner, without affecting the substance, as may be necessary or proper in regard to the matter before the court, tribunal or authority.
Title: Legal proceedings
Where immediately before the appointed day any legal proceedings are pending to which the State of Uttaranchal is a party, the State of Uttarakhand shall be deemed to be substituted for the State of Uttaranchal in those proceedings.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Pondicherry (Alteration of Name) Act, 2006.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 1st October, 2006, vide notification No. S.O. 1627(E), dated, 28th September, 2006, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) "appointed day" means the date appointed under sub-section (2) of section 1 for the coming into force of this Act;
(b) "appropriate Government" means the Central Government, and as respects a law relating to a matter enumerated in the State List or the Concurrent List in the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution in so far as any such matter is applicable in relation to the Union territory of Puducherry, also the administrator of the Union territory of Puducherry;
(c) "law" includes any enactment, Ordinance, regulation, order, bye-law, rule, scheme, notification or other instrument having the force of law in the whole or any part of the Union territory of Pondicherry.