Section 55 in The Warehousing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2007
Title: Amendment of Act 2 of 1899
After section 8B of the Stamp Act, 1899, the following section shall be inserted, namely:--
"8C. Negotiable warehouse receipts not liable to stamp duty.--Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, negotiable warehouse receipts shall not be liable to stamp duty."
Title: Short title
This Act may be called the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council Act, 2005.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, each of the words and expressions used herein and not defined but defined in the Representation of the People Act, 1950 (43 of 1950), shall have the same meaning as in that Act.
Title: Creation of Legislative Council for Andhra Pradesh
(1) As from such date1as the President may by order appoint, there shall be a Legislative Council for the State of Andhra Pradesh; and as from that date, in sub-clause (a) of clause (1) of article 168, after the words "States of", the words "Andhra Pradesh,", shall be inserted.
(2) In the said Council, there shall be 90 seats of which—
(a) the numbers to be filled by persons elected by the electorates referred to in sub-clauses (a), (b) and (c) of clause (3) of article 171 shall be 31, 8 and 8 respectively;
(b) the number to be filled by persons elected by the members of the Legislative Assembly of Andhra Pradesh in accordance with the provisions of sub-clause (d) of the said clause shall be 31; and
(c) the number to be filled by persons nominated by the Governor of Andhra Pradesh in accordance with the provisions of sub-clause (e) of that clause shall be 12.
(3) As soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, the President, after consultation with the Election Commission, shall, by order, determine—
(a) the constituencies into which the State of Andhra Pradesh shall be divided for the purpose of elections to the said Council under each of the sub-clauses (a), (b) and (c) of clause (3) of article 171;
(b) the extent of each constituency; and
(c) the number of seats to be allotted to each constituency.
(4) As soon as may be after such determination, steps shall be taken to constitute the said Council in accordance with the provisions of this Act, the Representation of the People Act, 1950 (43 of 1950) and the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (43 of 1951).
1. 30th March, 2007, (Legislative Council for Andhra Pradesh come to existence), vide notification No. G.S.R. 262(E), dated 30th March, 2007, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Amendment of Third Schedule and Fourth Schedule of Act 43 of 1950
In the Representation of the People Act, 1950,--
(a) in the Third Schedule, before entry No. 2 relating to Bihar, the following entry shall be inserted, namely:--
"1. Andhra Pradesh 90 31 8 8 31 12";
(b) in the Fourth Schedule, before the heading "BIHAR", the following heading and entries shall be inserted, namely:--
1. Municipal Corporations.
3. Nagar Panchayats.
4. Cantonment Boards.
5. ZilaPraja Parishads.
6. Mandal Praja Parishads.".