Section 27 in The Warehousing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2007
Title: Removal from office
(1) The Central Government may remove from office any member who—
(a) is, or at any time has been, adjudged as an insolvent; or
(b) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as a member; or
(c) has been convicted of an offence which, in the opinion of the Central Government, involves moral turpitude; or
(d) has acquired such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as a member; or
(e) has so abused his position as to render his continuation in office detrimental to the public interest.
(2) No such member shall be removed under clause (d) or clause (e) of sub-section (1) unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter.
Title: Salary, allowances and other terms and conditions of Chairperson and other members
Subject to the rules as may be made in this behalf, the salaries and allowances payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of—
(a) the Chairperson shall be the same as that of a Secretary to the Government of India;
(b) the other members of the Authority shall be the same as that of Joint Secretaries to the Government of India.
Title: Bar on future employment of members
The Chairperson and the other members shall not, for a period of two years from the date on which they cease to hold office as such, except with the previous approval of the Central Government, accept any employment in any concern in the warehousing sector.
Title: Chairperson to be the chief executive of Authority
The Chairperson shall be the chief executive of the Authority.
Title: Meetings of Authority
(1) The Authority shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) as may be determined by regulations.
(2) The Chairperson, or if, for any reason he is unable to attend a meeting of the Authority, any other member chosen by the members present from amongst themselves at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of votes by the members present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson, or the person presiding shall have a second or casting vote.