Section 35 in The Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
Title: Certain persons deemed to be public servants
Every officer of the Reserve Bank who has been entrusted with any power under this Act, shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit or other legal proceedings shall lie against the Central Government, the Reserve Bank, or any officer thereof for any damage caused or likely to be caused by anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in pursuance of this Act, any regulations, order or direction made or given thereunder.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provision is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of a period of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Power of Reserve Bank to make regulations
(1) The Reserve Bank may, by notification, make regulations consistent with this Act to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision, such regulations may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the powers and functions of the 1[Board referred to in sub-section (2)], the time and venue of its meetings and the procedure to be followed by it at its meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) under sub-section (4) of section 3;
(b) the form and manner in which an application for authorisation for commencing or carrying on a payment system shall be made and the fees which shall accompany such application under subsection (2) of section 5;
(c) the form in which an authorisation to operate a payment system under this Act shall be issued under sub-section (2) of section 7;
(d) the format of payment instructions and other matters relating to determination of standards to be complied with by the payment systems under sub-section (1) of section 10;
(e) the intervals, at which and the form and manner in which the information or returns required by the Reserve Bank shall be furnished under section 12;
(f) such other matters as are required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(2) Any regulation made under this section shall have effect from such earlier or later date (nor earlier than the date of commencement of this Act) as may be specified in the regulation.
(3) Every regulation shall, as soon as may be after it is made by the Reserve Bank, be forwarded to the Central Government and that Central Government shall cause a copy of the same to be laid before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the regulation, or both Houses agree that the regulation should not be made, the regulation shall, thereafter, have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that regulation.
1. Subs. by the Finance Act 2017, s. 153, for "Committee constituted under sub-section (2)"
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Warehousing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2007.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir*.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1 . 25th October, 2010, vide notification No. S.O. 2613(E), dated 21st October, 2010, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
*. Vide notification No. S.O. 3912(E), dated 30th October, 2019, this Act is made applicable to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the Union territory of Ladakh