Section 32 in The Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Act, 2007
Title: Power to make Ordinances
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission of students to the University and their enrolment as such;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University;
(c) the medium of instruction and examination;
(d) the award of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions, the qualifications for the same and the means to be taken relating to the granting and obtaining of the same;
(e) the fees to be charged for courses of study in the University and for admission to the examinations, degrees and diplomas of the University;
(f) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(g) the conditions for award of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(h) the conduct of examinations, including the term of office and the manner of appointment and the duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(i) the conditions of residence of the students of the University;
(j) the special arrangements, if any, which may be made for the residence and teaching of women students and the prescribing of special courses of studies for them;
(k) the appointments and emoluments of employees other than those for whom provision has been made in the Statutes;
(l) the setting up of a machinery for redressal of grievances of employees;
(m) the establishment and management of Regional Centres, Schools, Colleges, other Institutions, Centres of Studies, Boards of Studies, Special Centres, Specialised Laboratories and other Committees;
(n) the manner of co-operation and collaboration with other Universities, institutions and other non-profiteering agencies including learned bodies or associations;
(o) the creation, composition and functions of any other body which is considered necessary for improving the academic life of the University;
(p) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(q) the supervision of management of Colleges and Institutions admitted to the privileges of the University; and
(r) all other matters which by this Act or the Statutes, are to be or may be, provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) The first Ordinances shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor with the previous approval of the Central Government and the Ordinances so made may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Executive Council in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
The authorities of the University may make Regulations, consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the Committees, if any, appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the direction of the Executive Council, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objects and shall be submitted to the Court on or after such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes and the Court shall consider the report in its annual meeting.
(2) The Court shall submit the annual report to the Visitor along with its comments, if any.
(3) A copy of the annual report, as prepared under sub-section (1), shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Annual accounts
(1) The annual accounts and balance-sheet of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Executive Council and shall, once at least every year and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or by such persons as he may authorise in this behalf.
(2) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report thereon shall be submitted to the Court and the Visitor along with the observations of the Executive Council.
(3) Any observations made by the Visitor on the annual accounts shall be brought to the notice of the Court and the observations of the Court, if any, shall, after being considered by the Executive Council, be submitted to the Visitor.
(4) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report as submitted to the Visitor, shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
(5) The audited annual accounts after having been laid before both Houses of Parliament shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Title: Fund of University
(1) There shall be a University Fund which shall include—
(a) any contribution or grant made by the State Government;
(b) any contribution or grant made by the University Grants Commission or the Central Government;
(c) any contribution made by Government, semi-Government or autonomous bodies;
(d) any bequests, donations, endowments or other grants made by any private individual or institution;
(e) income received by the University from fees and charges; and
(f) amounts received from any other source.
(2) The amount of the said Fund shall be kept in a Scheduled Bank as defined in the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (2 of 1934) or in a corresponding new bank constituted under the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1970 (5 of 1970) and the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1980 (40 of 1980) or may be invested in such securities authorised by the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 (2 of 1882) as may be decided by the Executive Council.
(3) The said Fund may be utilised for such purposes of the University and in such manner as may be prescribed.