Section 19 in The National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research Act, 2007
Title: Other authorities and officers
The powers and duties of authorities and officers other than those mentioned above shall be determined by the Statutes.
Title: Grants by Central Government
For the purpose of enabling the Institutes to discharge their functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to every Institute in each financial year such sums of money and in such manner as it may think fit.
Title: Fund of Institute
(1) Every Institute shall maintain a Fund to which shall be credited,--
(a) all moneys provided by the Central Government;
(b) all fees and other charges received by the Institute;
(c) all moneys received by the Institute by way of grants, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests or transfers; and
(d) all moneys received by the Institute in any other manner or from any other source.
(2) All moneys credited to the Fund of every Institute shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as the Institute may, with the approval of the Central Government, decide.
(3) The Fund of every Institute shall be applied towards meeting the expenses of the Institute including expenses incurred in the exercise of its powers and discharge of its duties under this Act.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) Every Institute shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance sheet in such form as may be specified by notification, by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of every Institute shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor- General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Institute to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of any Institute shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts, and, in particular shall have the rights to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the offices of the Institute.
(4) The accounts of every institute as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament in accordance with such procedure as may be laid down by the Central Government.
Title: Pension and provident fund
Every Institute shall constitute for the benefit of its employees such provident or pension fund or provide such insurance scheme as it may deem fit in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.