Section 16 in The National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research Act, 2007
Title: Chairperson of Board
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Board and at the Convocations of the Institute.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson to ensure that the decisions taken by the Board are implemented.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes.
Title: Director and Deputy Director
(1) The Director 1*** of an Institute shall be appointed by the Visitor, on such terms and conditions of service and on the recommendations of a Selection Committee constituted by him in such manner, as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the Institute and for the imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Board.
(4) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or Ordinances.
2[(5) The Deputy Director of every Institute shall be appointed in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.]
1. The words "and Deputy Director" omitted by Act 28 of 2012, s.11 (w. e. f 7-6-2012).
2. Subs. by s. 11, ibid., for sub-section (5) (w.e.f 7-6-2012).
(1) The Registrar of every Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, the common seal, the funds of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Board shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Board, Senate and such committees as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
Title: Other authorities and officers
The powers and duties of authorities and officers other than those mentioned above shall be determined by the Statutes.
Title: Grants by Central Government
For the purpose of enabling the Institutes to discharge their functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to every Institute in each financial year such sums of money and in such manner as it may think fit.