Section 10 in The English and Foreign Languages University Act, 2006
Title: The Chief Rector
The Governor of the State of Andhra Pradesh shall be the Chief Rector of the University.
Title: Officers of the University.
The following shall be the officers of the University,--
(1) the Chancellor;
(2) the Vice-Chancellor;
(3) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor;
(4) the Deans of Schools;
(5) the Registrar;
(6) the Finance Officer;
(7) the Controller of Examinations;
(8) the Librarian; and
(9) such other officers as may be declared by the Statutes to be officers of the University.
Title: The Chancellor
(1) The Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Chancellor shall, by virtue of his office, be the head of the University and shall, if present, preside at the Convocations of the University held for conferring degrees and meetings of the Court.
Title: The Vice-Chancellor
(1) The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner and on such terms and conditions of service as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision and control over the affairs of the University and give effect to the decisions of all the authorities of the University.
(3) The Vice-Chancellor may, if he is of opinion that immediate action is necessary on any matter, exercise any power conferred on any authority of the University by or under this Act and shall report to such authority at its next meeting the action taken by him on such matter:
Provided that if the authority concerned is of opinion that such action ought not to have been taken, it may refer the matter to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final:
Provided further that any person in the service of the University who is aggrieved by the action taken by the Vice-Chancellor under this sub-section shall have the right to represent against such action to the Executive Council within three months from the date on which decision on such action is communicated to him and thereupon the Executive Council may confirm, modify or reverse the action taken by the Vice Chancellor.
(4) The Vice-Chancellor, if he is of the opinion that any decision of any authority of the University is beyond the powers of the authority conferred by the provisions of this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances or that any decision taken is not in the interest of the University, may ask the authority concerned to review its decision within sixty days of such decision and if the authority refuses to review the decision either in whole or in part or no decision is taken by it within the said period of sixty days, the matter shall be referred to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final.
(5) The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Statutes or the Ordinances.
Title: The Pro-Vice-Chancellor
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed in such manner and on such terms and conditions of service, and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties, as may be prescribed by the Statutes.