Section 38 in The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act, 2007
Title: Power to remove difficulties
1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions or give such directions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of two years from the appointed day.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act,--
(a) the Board of Governors of the Society functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until a new Board is constituted for the Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act, the members of the Board holding office before such constitution shall cease to hold office; and
(b) until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Society, or notification as in force, immediately before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply to the Institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act.
Title: Statutes, Ordinances and notifications to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament
(1) Every Statute and every Ordinance made or notification issued under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every Statute and every Ordinance made or notification issued under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or notification or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or notification should not be made or issued, the Statute, Ordinance or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or notification.
(3) The power to make the Statutes, Ordinances or notification shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statutes, Ordinances, notifications or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute, Ordinance or notification so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute, Ordinance or notification may be applicable
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Sikkim University Act, 2006.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 2nd July 2007, vide notification No. S.O. 1053(E), dated 29th June, 2007, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, and in all Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Ordinances;
(c) "Affiliated College" means a college admitted to the privileges of the University;
(d) "Board of Studies" means the Board of Studies of the University;
(e) "Chancellor", "Vice-Chancellor", and "Pro-Vice-Chancellor" mean, respectively, the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University;
(f) "College Development Council" means the College Development Council of the University;
(g) "Constituent College" means a college maintained by the University;
(h) "Court" means the Court of the University;
(i) "Department" means a Department of Studies and includes a Centre of Studies;
(j) "distance education system" means the system of imparting education through any means of communication, such as broadcasting, telecasting, correspondence courses, seminars, contact programmes or the combination of any two or more such means;
(k) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(l) "Executive Council" means the Executive Council of the University;
(m) "Hall" means a unit of residence or of corporate life for the students of the University, or of a College or an Institution, maintained by the University;
(n) "Institution" means an academic institution, not being a College, maintained by, or admitted to the privileges of, the University;
(o) "Principal" means the Head of a College or an Institution maintained by the University and includes, where there is no Principal, the person for the time being duly appointed to act as Principal, and in the absence of the Principal, or the acting Principal, a Vice-Principal duly appointed as such;
(p) "recognised teachers" means such persons as may be recognised by the University for the purpose of imparting instructions in a College or an Institution admitted to the privileges of the University;
(q) "Regulations" means the Regulations made by any authority of the University under this Act for the time being in force;
(r) "School" means a School of Studies of the University;
(s) "Statutes" and "Ordinances" mean, respectively, the Statutes and the Ordinances of the University for the time being in force;
(t) "teachers of the University" means Professors, Readers, Lecturers and such other persons as may be appointed for imparting instruction or conducting research in the University or in any College or Institution maintained by the University and are designated as teachers by the Ordinances;
(u) "University" means the Sikkim University established and incorporated as a University under this Act.