Section 33 in The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act, 2007
Title: Conduct of business by authorities of Institute
The authorities of the Institute may have their own rules of procedure, consistent with the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the committees, if any, appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances.
Title: Tribunal of Arbitration
(1) Any dispute arising out of a contract between the Institute and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of the Institute, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Institute, one member nominated by the employee, and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(2) The decision of the Tribunal of Arbitration shall be final.
(3) No suit or proceeding shall lie in any court in respect of any matter which is required by sub-section (1) to be referred to the Tribunal of Arbitration.
(4) The Tribunal of Arbitration shall have power to regulate its own procedure.
(5) Nothing in any law for the time being in force relating to arbitration shall apply to arbitrations under this section.
Title: Acts and proceedings not to be invalidated by vacancies
No act of the Institute or the General Council or Board or Senate or any other body set up under this Act or the Statutes, shall be invalid merely by reasons of—
(a) any vacancy in, or defect in the constitution thereof, or
(b) any defect in the election, nomination or appointment of a person acting as a member thereof, or
(c) any irregularity in its procedure not affecting the merits of the case.
Title: Grant of degrees, etc., by Institute
Notwithstanding anything contained in the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956), or in any other law for the time being in force, the Institute shall have power to grant degrees and other academic distinctions and titles under this Act.
Title: Sponsored schemes
Notwithstanding anything in this Act, whenever the Institute receives funds from any Government, the University Grants Commission or any other agency including industry sponsoring a research scheme, a consultancy assignment, a teaching programme or a chaired professorship or a scholarship, to be executed or endowed at the Institute,--
(a) the amount received shall be kept by the Institute separately from the fund of the Institute and utilised only for the purpose of the scheme; and
(b) the staff required to execute the same shall be recruited in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated by the sponsoring organisation:
Provided that any money remaining unutilised under clause (a) shall be transferred to the endowment fund created under section 25.