Section 20 in The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act, 2007
(1) The Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Central Government in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be provided by the Statutes:
Provided that the first Director shall be appointed by the Central Government on such terms and conditions as it deems fit, for a period not exceeding six months from the date the first Statutes comes into force.
(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration and academic performance of the Institute and for imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Board.
(4) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances.
(1) The Registrar of the Institute shall be appointed in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be provided by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, the common seal, the funds of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Board shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the General Council, the Board, the Senate and such committees as may be provided by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act, the Statutes or by the Director.
Title: Powers and duties of other authorities and officers
The powers and duties of authorities and officers, other than those hereinbefore mentioned, shall be determined by the Statutes.
Title: Grants by Central Government
For the purpose of enabling the institute to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the institute in each financial year such sums of money and in such manner as it may think fit.
Title: Fund of Institute
(1) The Institute shall maintain a fund to which shall be credited—
(a) all moneys provided by the Central Government;
(b) all fees and other charges;
(c) all moneys received by the Institute by way of grants, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests or transfers; and
(d) all moneys received by the Institute in any other manner or from any other source.
(2) All moneys credited to the fund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as may be decided by the Board.
(3) The fund shall be applied towards meeting the expenses of the Institute including expenses incurred in the exercise of its powers and discharge of its duties under this Act.