Section 18 in The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings shall lie against the Child Marriage Prohibition Officer in respect of anything in good faith done or intended to be done in pursuance of this Act or any rule or order made thereunder.
Title: Power of State Government to make rules
(1) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Every rule made under this Act shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before the State Legislature.
Title: Amendment of Act No. 25 of 1955
In the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, in section 18, for clause (a), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:--
"(a) in the case of contravention of the condition specified in clause (iii) of section 5, with rigorous imprisonment which may extend to two years or with fine which may extend to one lakh rupees, or with both".
Title: Repeal and savings.
(1) The Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929 (19 of 1929) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, all cases and other proceedings pending or continued under the said Act at the commencement of this Act shall be continued and disposed of in accordance with the provisions of the repealed Act, as if this Act had not been passed.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1***.
(3) It shall come into force on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019).
2. 31st December, 2007, vide notification No. S. O. 2224(E), dated 31st December, 2007, see Gazette of India Extraordinary, Part II, sec 3(ii)