Section 8 in The Sports Broadcasting Signals (Mandatory Sharing with Prasar Bharati) Act, 2007
Title: Rules and Guidelines to be laid before Parliament.
Every rule and Guidelines made and issued, as the case may be, under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made or issued, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or Guidelines, or both Houses agree that the rule or Guidelines should not be made, the rule or Guidelines shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule or Guidelines.
The relevant provisions under the Guidelines for Downlinking of Television Channels issued on the 11th November, 2005 and the Guidelines for Up linking from India issued on the 2nd December, 2005 for mandatory sharing of sports broadcasting signals with Prasar Bharati, shall continue to remain in force till fresh Guidelines are issued under this Act.
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Sports Broadcasting Signals (Mandatory Sharing with Prasar Bharati) Ordinance, 2007 (Ord. 4 of 2007) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Sports Broadcasting Signals (Mandatory Sharing with Prasar Bharati) Ordinance, 2007 (Ord. 4 of 2007), anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1***; and it applies also to all citizens of India without and beyond India:
Provided that nothing contained in this Act shall apply to the Renoncants of the Union territory of Pondicherry.
(3) It shall come into force on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint; and different dates may be appointed for different States and any reference in any provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed in relation to any State as a reference to the coming into force of that provision in that State.
1. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019).
2. 1st November, 2007, vide notification No. S.O. 1850(E), dated 30th October, 2007, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "child" means a person who, if a male, has not completed twenty-one years of age, and if a female, has not completed eighteen years of age;
(b) "child marriage" means a marriage to which either of the contracting parties is a child;
(c) "contracting party", in relation to a marriage, means either of the parties whose marriage is or is about to be thereby solemnised;
(d) "Child Marriage Prohibition Officer" includes the Child Marriage Prohibition Officer appointed under sub-section (1) of section 16;
(e) "district court" means, in any area for which a Family Court established under section 3 of the Family Courts Act, 1984 (66 of 1984) exists, such Family Court, and in any area for which there is no Family Court but a city civil court exists, that court and in any other area, the principal civil court of original jurisdiction and includes any other civil court which may be specified by the State Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, as having jurisdiction in respect of the matters dealt with in this Act;
(f) "minor" means a person who, under the provisions of the Majority Act, 1875 (9 of 1875), is to be deemed not to have attained his majority.