Section 144 in The Sashastra Seema Bal Act, 2007
Title: Suspension of sentence of imprisonment.
(1) Where a person subject to this Act is sentenced by a Force Court to imprisonment, the Central Government, the Director-General or any officer empowered to convene a General Force Court may suspend the sentence whether or not the offender has already been committed to prison or to Force custody.
(2) The authority or officer specified in sub-section (1) may, in the case of an offender so sentenced direct that until the orders of such authority or officer have been obtained, the offender shall not be committed to prison or to Force custody.
(3) The powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) may be exercised in the case of any such sentence which has been confirmed, reduced or commuted.
Title: Orders pending suspension of sentence
(1) Where the sentence referred to in section 144 is imposed by a Force Court other than a Summary Force Court, the confirming officer may, when confirming the sentence, direct that the offender be not committed to prison or to Force custody until the orders of the authority or officer specified in section 144 have been obtained.
(2) Where a sentence of imprisonment is imposed by a Summary Force Court, the officer holding the trial may make the direction referred to in sub-section (1).
Title: Release on suspension of sentence
Where a sentence is suspended under section 144, the offender shall forthwith be released from custody.
Title: Computation of period of sentence
Any period during which the sentence is under suspension shall be reckoned as part of the term of such sentence.
Title: Order after suspension of sentence
The authority or officer specified in section 144 may, at any time while a sentence is suspended, order–
(a) that the offender be committed to undergo the unexpired portion of the sentence; or
(b) that the sentence be remitted.