Section 74 in The Sashastra Seema Bal Act, 2007
Title: Inquiry into absence without leave
(1) When any person subject to this Act has been absent from duty without due authority for a period of thirty days, a court of inquiry shall, as soon as practicable, be appointed by such authority and in such manner as may be prescribed; and such court shall, on oath or affirmation administered in the prescribed manner, inquire in respect of the absence of the person, and the deficiency, if any, in the property of the Government entrusted to his care, or in any arms, ammunition, equipment, instruments, clothing or accessories; and if satisfied of the fact of such absence without due authority or other sufficient cause, the court shall declare such absence and the period thereof and the said deficiency, if any, and the commanding officer of the unit to which the person belongs or is attached, shall make a record thereof in the prescribed manner.
(2) If the person declared absent does not afterwards surrender or is not apprehended, he shall, for the purposes of this Act, be deemed to be a deserter.
Title: Force Police Officers
(1) The Director-General or any prescribed officer may appoint persons (in this Act referred to as Force Police) for discharging the functions specified in sub-sections (2) and (3).
(2) The duties of a person appointed under sub-section (1) are to take charge of persons confined for any offence, to preserve good order and discipline and to prevent breaches of the same by persons serving in, or attached to the Force.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 69, a person appointed under sub-section (1) may, at any time, arrest and detain for trial any person subject to this Act who commits, or is charged with, an offence, and may also carry into effect any punishment to be inflicted in pursuance of a sentence awarded by a Force Court or by an officer exercising authority under section 56 but shall not inflict any punishment on his own authority:
Provided that no officer shall be so arrested or detained otherwise than on the order of another officer.
Title: Kinds of Force Courts
For the purposes of this Act, there shall be three kinds of Force Courts, namely :–
(a) General Force Courts;
(b) Petty Force Courts; and
(c) Summary Force Courts,
which shall be convened in the manner prescribed.
Title: Power to convene a General Force Court
A General Force Court may be convened by the Central Government or the Director- General or by any officer empowered in this behalf by warrant of the Director-General.
Title: Power to convene a Petty Force Court
A Petty Force Court may be convened by an officer having power to convene a General Force Court or by an officer empowered in this behalf by warrant of any such officer.