Section 4 in The Tyre Corporation of India Limited (Disinvestment of Ownership) Act, 2007
Title: Manner of disinvestment
The Central Government may, in its order made under section 2, specify that disinvestment of shares shall be effected by one or more of the following methods as may be specified in such order, namely:--
(a) by making a public offer or preferential allotment or private placement in accordance with such procedure as applicable in case of any other Government company;
(b) by directing the company to make further issue of equity capital to the members of the public or preferential allotment or private placement, as the case may be, in accordance with such procedure as applicable in case of the Government company.
Title: Provision in respect of officers and other employees of the company.
(1) Every officer or other employee of the company, except the Chairman and Directors, serving in its employment immediately before the disinvestment of the company under this Act, shall continue in office or service after such disinvestment, on same terms and conditions as would have been admissible to him if there had been no such disinvestment and shall continue to do so until the expiry of the period of three years from the date of disinvestments.
(2) Where an officer or other employee of the company opts under sub-section (1) not to be in the employment or service of the company, such officer or other employee shall be deemed to have resigned.
Title: Act to have overriding effect
The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in the Inchek Tyres Limited and National Rubber Manufactures, Limited (Nationalisation) Act, 1984 (17 of 1984) or any other law for the time being in force.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Sashastra Seema Bal Act, 2007.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification, in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 1st August, 2009, vide notification No. S.O. 1871(E), dated 31st July, 2009, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Sec. 3(ii).
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "active duty", in relation to a person subject to this Act, means any duty as a member of the Force during the period in which such person is attached to, or forms part of, a unit of the Force—
(i) which is engaged in operations against any enemy, or
(ii) which is operating at a picket or engaged on patrol or other guard duty along the borders of India, and includes duty by such person during any period declared by the Central Government by order as a period of active duty with reference to any area in which any person or class of persons subject to this Act may be serving;
(b) "battalion" means a unit of the Force constituted as a battalion by the Central Government;
(c) "civil offence" means an offence which is triable by a criminal court;
(d) "civil prison" means any jail or place used for the detention of any criminal prisoner under the Prisons Act, 1894 (9 of 1894), or under any other law for the time being in force;
(e) "commanding officer" means a Commandant or any officer for the time being in command of the unit or any separate portion of the Force to which such person belongs or is attached to and discharging his functions under this Act or the rules made thereunder;
(f) "criminal court" means a court of ordinary criminal justice in any part of India constituted under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974);
(g) "Deputy Inspector-General" and "Additional Deputy Inspector-General" mean respectively a Deputy Inspector-General and an Additional Deputy Inspector-General of the Force appointed under section 5;
(h) "Director-General" and "Additional Director-General" mean respectively the Director-General and an Additional Director-General of the Force appointed under section 5;
(i) "enemy" includes all mutineers, armed rebels, armed rioters, pirates, terrorists and any person in arms against whom it is the duty of any person subject to this Act to take action;
(j) "enrolled person" means an under-officer or other person enrolled under this Act;
(k) "Force" means the Sashastra Seema Bal;
(l) "Force Court" means a Court referred to in section 76;
(m) "Force custody" means the arrest or confinement of a member of the Force under section 69;
(n) "Inspector-General" means the Inspector-General of the Force appointed under section 5;
(o) "Judge Attorney-General", "Additional Judge Attorney-General", "Deputy Judge Attorney General" and "Judge Attorney" mean respectively the Judge Attorney-General, an Additional Judge Attorney-General, a Deputy Judge Attorney-General and a Judge Attorney of the Force appointed under sub-section (2) of section 95;
(p) "member of the Force" means an officer, a subordinate officer, an under-officer or other enrolled person;
(q) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(r) "offence" means any act or omission punishable under this Act and includes a civil offence;
(s) "officer" means a person appointed or in pay as an officer of the Force, but does not include a subordinate officer or an under-officer;
(t) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(u) "rule" means a rule made under this Act;
(v) "subordinate officer" means a person appointed or in pay as a Subedar Major or Inspector or Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector of the Force;
(w) superior officer, when used in relation to a person subject to this Act, means
(i) any member of the Force to whose command such person is for the time being subject in accordance with the rules;
(ii) any officer of a higher rank or class or of a higher grade in the same class, and includes, when such person is not an officer, a subordinate officer or an under-officer of higher rank, class or grade;
(x) "under-officer" means a Head Constable of the Force;
(y) "unit" includes—
(i) any body of officers and other members of the Force for which a separate authorised establishment exists;
(ii) any separate body of persons subject to this Act employed on any service and not attached to a unit as aforesaid;
(iii) any other separate body of persons composed wholly or partly of persons subject to this Act and specified as a unit by the Central Government.
(2) All words and expressions used and not defined in this Act but defined in the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), the Army Act, 1950 (46 of 1950) or the National Security Guard Act, 1986 (47 of 1986), shall have the same meanings respectively assigned to them in that Code or those Acts.
(3) In this Act, references to any law not in force in the State of Jammu and Kashmir* shall be construed as references to the corresponding law in force in that State.
*. Vide notification No. S.O. 3912(E), dated 30th October, 2019, this Act is made applicable to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the Union territory of Ladakh.