Section 7 in The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India Act, 2008
Title: Power of Chairperson
The Chairperson shall have powers of general superintendence and directions in the conduct of the affairs of the Authority and he shall, in addition to presiding over the meetings of the Authority, exercise and discharge such powers and functions of the Authority and shall discharge such other powers and functions as may be prescribed.
Title: Removal and suspension of Members
(1) The Central Government may, by order, remove from office the Chairperson or other Member, if the Chairperson or such other Member, as the case may be,--
(a) has been adjudged an insolvent; or
(b) has been convicted of an offence which, in the opinion of the Central Government, involves moral turpitude; or
(c) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as a Member; or
(d) has acquired such financial or other interest, as is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as a Member; or
(e) has so abused his position, as to render his continuance in office prejudicial to the public interest; or
(f) has engaged at any time during his term of office in any other employment.
(2) The Chairperson or any other Member shall not be removed from his office except by an order of the Central Government on the ground of his proved misbehavior or incapacity after the Central Government, has, on an inquiry, held in accordance with the procedure prescribed in this behalf by the Central Government, come to the conclusion that the Member ought on any such ground to be removed.
(3) The Central Government may suspend any Member in respect of whom an inquiry under sub-section (2) is being initiated or pending until the Central Government has passed an order on receipt of the report of the inquiry.
Title: Appointment of Secretary, experts, professionals and officers and other employees of Authority
(1) The Central Government may appoint a Secretary to discharge his functions under this Act.
(2) The Authority may appoint such officers and other employees as it considers necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act.
(3) The salaries and allowances payable to and other terms and conditions of service of the Secretary and officers and other employees of the Authority and the number of such officers and other employees shall be such as may be prescribed.
(4) The Authority may engage, in accordance with the procedure specified by regulations such number of experts and professionals of integrity and outstanding ability, who have special knowledge of, and experience in, economics, law, business or such other disciplines related to aviation as it deems necessary to assist the Authority in the discharge of its functions under this Act.
(1) The Authority shall meet at such places and times and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum at its meetings), as may be determined by regulations.
(2) The Chairperson shall preside at the meeting of the Authority and if for any reason the Chairperson is unable to attend a meeting of the Authority, any other Member chosen by the members present from amongst themselves at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of votes of the Members present and voting and, in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson or the Member presiding shall have the right to exercise a second or casting vote.
(4) Save as otherwise provided in sub-section (1), every Member shall have one vote.
All orders and decisions of the Authority shall be authenticated by signatures of the Secretary or any other officer of the Authority, duly authorised by the Authority in this behalf.