Section 49 in The Indian Maritime University Act, 2008
Title: Transfer of assets and options of the employees
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, or in the Statutes or the Ordinances, consequent upon merger of the Training Ship Chanakay, Mumbai, the Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai, the Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata, Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advance Maritime Studies, Mumbai, the National Maritime Academy, Chennai, Indian Institute of Port Management, Kolkata and the National Ship Design and Research Centre, Visakhapatnam into the Indian Maritime University, all the assets and employees shall stand transferred to the University and such employees shall have the following options:--
(i) the employees of the four training institutes under Indian Institute of Maritime Studies who shall stand transferred to Indian Maritime University shall have the option to continue on deemed deputation in Indian Maritime University on the terms and conditions in force of the Central Government and also continue to retain or to be allotted government residential accommodation on turn and avail of the Central Government Health Scheme facilities till their retirement;
(ii) the employees of the National Maritime Academy, Chennai, Indian Institute of Port Management, Kolkata and the National Ship Design and Research Centre, Visakhapatnam shall have the option to continue on the terms and conditions of their respective institutes till their retirement; and
(iii) all employees shall have the option to join University as per the service conditions of the University.
Title: Role of Central Government and Director-General of shipping.
(1) The University shall, in discharge of its functions under this Act, be bound by such directions on questions of policy as the Central Government may give in writing to it from time to time.
(2) The decision of the Central Government as to whether a question is one of policy or not shall be final.
Title: Short title, commencement and application
(1) This Act may be called the Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India Act, 2008.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
(3) It applies to—
(a) all airports whereat air transport services are operated or are intended to be operated, other than airports and airfields belonging to or subject to the control of the Armed Forces or paramilitary Forces of the Union;
(b) all private airports and leased airports;
(c) all civil enclaves;
(d) all major airports.
1. 1st January, 2009 (except Chapters III and IV), vide notification No. S.O. 1894(E), dated 30th December, 2008, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "aeronautical service" means any service provided—
(i) for navigation, surveillance and supportive communication thereto for air traffic management;
(ii) for the landing, housing or parking of an aircraft or any other ground facility offered in connection with aircraft operations at an airport;
(iii) for ground safety services at an airport;
(iv) for ground handling services relating to aircraft, passengers and cargo at an airport;
(v) for the cargo facility at an airport;
(vi) for supplying fuel to the aircraft at an airport; and
(vii) for a stake-holder at an airport, for which the charges, in the opinion of the Central Government for the reasons to be recorded in writing, may be determined by the Authority;
(b) "airport" means a landing and taking off area for aircrafts, usually with runways and aircraft maintenance and passenger facilities and includes an aerodrome as defined in clause (2) of section 2 of the Aircraft Act, 1934 (22 of 1934);
(c) "airport user" means any person availing of passenger or cargo facilities at an airport;
1[(d) "Appellate Tribunal" means the Airports Economic Regulatory Authority Appellate Tribunal established under section 17;]
(e) "Authority" means the Airports Economic Regulatory Authority established under sub-section (1) of section 3;
(f) "civil enclave" means an area, if any, allotted at an airport belonging to any armed force of the Union, for use by persons availing of any air transport services from such airport or for the handling of baggage or cargo by such service, and includes land comprising of any building and structure on such area;
(g) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Authority appointed under sub-section (2) of section 4;
(h) "leased airport" means an airport in respect of which a lease has been made under section 12A of the Airports Authority of India Act, 1994 (55 of 1994);
(i) "major airport" means any airport which has, or is designated to have, annual passenger throughput in excess of 2[three and a half million] or any other airport as the Central Government may, by notification, specify as such;
(j) "Member" means a Member of the Authority and includes the Chairperson;
(k) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(l) "private airport" has the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (nn) of section 2 of the Airports Authority of India Act, 1994 (55 of 1994);
(m) "regulations" means regulations made by the Authority under this Act;
(n) "service provider" means any person who provides aeronautical services and is eligible to levy and charge user development fees from the embarking passengers at any airport and includes the authority which manages the airport;
(o) "stake-holder" includes a licensee of an airport, airlines operating thereat, a person who provides aeronautical services, and any association of individuals, which in the opinion of the Authority, represents the passenger or cargo facility users;
(p) words and expressions used but not defined in this Act and defined in the Airports Authority of India Act, 1994 (55 of 1994) shall have the same meanings respectively assigned to them in that Act.
1. Subs. by Act 7 of 2017, s. 170, for clause (d) (w.e.f. 26-5-2017).
2. Subs. by Act 27 of 2019, s. 2, for "one and a half million" (w.e.f. 26-9-2019).
Title: Establishment of Authority
(1) The Central Government shall, within three months from the date of commencement of this Act, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish an Authority, to be known as the Airports Economic Regulatory Authority, to exercise the powers conferred on, and the functions assigned to it, by or under this Act.
(2) The Authority shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The head office of the Authority shall be at such place as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify.