Section 34 in The Indian Maritime University Act, 2008
Title: Conditions of service of employees
(1) The University shall enter into written contract of service with every employee of the University appointed on regular basis or otherwise and the terms and conditions of the contract shall not be inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances.
(2) A copy of the contract referred to in sub-section (1) shall be kept with the University and a copy thereof shall also be furnished to the employee concerned.
Title: Tribunal of Arbitration
(1) Any dispute arising out of the contract between the University and any employee shall, at the request of the employee, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Executive Council, one member nominated by the employee concerned and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(2) The decision of the Tribunal of Arbitration shall be final and binding on the parties.
(3) Every request made by the employee under sub-section (1), shall be deemed to be a submission to arbitration upon the terms of this section within the meaning of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (26 of 1996).
(4) The procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal shall be prescribed by the Statutes
Title: Procedure of appeal and arbitration in disciplinary cases against students
(1) Any student or candidate for an examination whose name has been removed from the rolls of the University by the orders or resolution of the Vice-Chancellor and who has been debarred from appearing at the examinations of the University for more than one year, may, within ten days of the date of receipt of such orders or copy of such resolution by him, appeal to the Executive Council and the Executive Council may confirm, modify or reverse the decision of the Vice-Chancellor or the Committee, as the case may be.
(2) Any dispute arising out of any disciplinary action taken by the University against a student shall, at the request of such student, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration and the provisions of section 35 shall, as far as may be, apply to a reference made under this sub-section.
Title: Right to appeal.
Every employee or student of the University or of a college or institution maintained by the University shall, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, have a right to appeal within such time as may be prescribed by the Statutes to the Executive Council against the decision of any officer or authority of the University or of the Principal of any college or institution, as the case may be, and thereupon the Executive Council may confirm, modify or reverse the decision appealed against.
Title: Provident and pension funds.
(1) The University shall constitute for the benefit of its employees such provident or pension fund or provide such insurance schemes as it may deem fit in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) Where such provident fund or pension fund has been so constituted, the Central Government may declare that the provision of the Provident Funds Act, 1925 (19 of 1925) shall apply to such fund, as if it were a Government provident fund.