Section 32 in The Indian Maritime University Act, 2008
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the direction of the Executive Council, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objects and shall be submitted to the Court on or after such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes and the Court shall consider the report in its annual meeting.
(2) The Court shall submit the annual report to the visitor along with its comments, if any.
(3) A copy of the annual report, as prepared under sub-section (1), shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Annual accounts.
(1) The annual accounts and balance sheet of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Executive Council and shall, once at least every year and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or by such persons as he may authorise in this behalf.
(2) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report thereon shall be submitted to the visitor and the Court along with the observations, if any, of the Executive Council.
(3) Any observation made by the Visitor on the annual accounts shall be brought to the notice of the Court and the observations of the Court, if any, shall, after being considered by the Executive Council, be submitted to the Visitor.
(4) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report as submitted to the Visitor, shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
(5) The audited annual accounts after having been laid before both Houses of Parliament shall be published in the Gazette of India.
Title: Conditions of service of employees
(1) The University shall enter into written contract of service with every employee of the University appointed on regular basis or otherwise and the terms and conditions of the contract shall not be inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances.
(2) A copy of the contract referred to in sub-section (1) shall be kept with the University and a copy thereof shall also be furnished to the employee concerned.
Title: Tribunal of Arbitration
(1) Any dispute arising out of the contract between the University and any employee shall, at the request of the employee, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Executive Council, one member nominated by the employee concerned and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(2) The decision of the Tribunal of Arbitration shall be final and binding on the parties.
(3) Every request made by the employee under sub-section (1), shall be deemed to be a submission to arbitration upon the terms of this section within the meaning of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (26 of 1996).
(4) The procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal shall be prescribed by the Statutes
Title: Procedure of appeal and arbitration in disciplinary cases against students
(1) Any student or candidate for an examination whose name has been removed from the rolls of the University by the orders or resolution of the Vice-Chancellor and who has been debarred from appearing at the examinations of the University for more than one year, may, within ten days of the date of receipt of such orders or copy of such resolution by him, appeal to the Executive Council and the Executive Council may confirm, modify or reverse the decision of the Vice-Chancellor or the Committee, as the case may be.
(2) Any dispute arising out of any disciplinary action taken by the University against a student shall, at the request of such student, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration and the provisions of section 35 shall, as far as may be, apply to a reference made under this sub-section.