Section 16 in The Indian Maritime University Act, 2008
(1) Every Registrar shall be appointed in such manner, as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Registrar shall have the power to enter into agreement, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the University.
(3) Every Registrar shall exercise such powers and perform such duties, as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: The Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer shall be appointed in such manner and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties, as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Other officers
The manner of appointment and powers and duties of the other officers of the University shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Authorities of the University
The following shall be the authorities of the University:--
(1) the Court;
(2) the Executive Council;
(3) the Academic Council;
(4) the Planning Board;
(5) the Board of Affiliation and Recognition;
(6) the Boards of Schools;
(7) the Finance Committee; and
(8) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the University.
Title: The Court
(1) The constitution of the Court and the term of office of its members shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Court shall have the following powers and functions, namely:--
(a) to review, from time to time, the broad policies and programmes of the University and to suggest measures for the improvement and development of the University;
(b) to consider and pass resolutions on the annual report and the annual accounts of the University and the audit report on such accounts;
(c) to advise the Visitor in respect of any matter which may be referred to it for advice; and
(d) to perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.