Section 25 in The Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, Act, 2008
Title: Control by Central Government.
The Institute shall carry out such directions as may be issued to it from time to time by the Central Government for the efficient administration of this Act.
Title: Resolution of differences
If in, or in connection with, the exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions by the Institute under this Act, any dispute arises between the Institute and the Central Government, the decision of the Central Government thereon shall be final.
Title: Returns and information
The Institute shall furnish to the Central Government such reports, returns and other information as that Government may require from time to time.
Title: Transfer of service of existing employees
(1) On and from the date of commencement of this Act, every employee holding a post in the Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, before that date, shall hold the post in the Institute by the same tenure, and upon the same terms and conditions of service including remuneration, leave, provident fund, retirement and other terminal benefits as he would have held such post as if this Act had not been passed and shall continue to do so as an employee of the Institute for a period of 1[three and one-half years] from the date of the commencement of this Act, unless he, within the said period of 1[three and one-half years], opts not to be an employee of the Institute or until his tenure, remuneration or other terms and conditions of service are duly altered by the regulations:
2[Provided that the employees, who have, or as the case may be, who have not, exercised their option and not transferred out of the Institute as on the date of coming into force of the Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (Amendment) Act, 2011 (10 of 2011), may exercise their option afresh before the specified period:
Provided further that] the officers of the Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry belonging to the Central Health Service, who opts to be an employee of the Institute then, his appointment, pay, allowances and other terms and conditions of service shall be such as may be prescribed.
(2) Every person, who opts not to be an employee of the Institute within the period so specified, shall be governed by the rules and orders as are applicable to the Central Government officers and employees of equivalent rank.
(3) Subject to the provisions of this section, the tenure, remuneration and other terms and conditions of service including pension of any employee of the Institute shall not be altered to his disadvantage without the previous approval of the Central Government.
1 Subs. by Act 10 of 2011, s. 2, for "one year" (w.e.f. 27-8-2011).
2 Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "Provided that" (w.e.f. 27-8-2011).
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government, after consultation with the Institute, may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act:
Provided that consultation with the Institute, shall not be necessary on the first occasion of making of rules under this section, but the Central Government shall take into consideration the suggestions which the Institute may make in relation to the amendment of such rules after they are made.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the manner of nomination of members under clauses (j) and (k) of sub-section (1) of section 5;
(b) the manner of filling vacancies under sub-section (8) of section 6;
(c) the powers and functions to be exercised and discharged by the President of the Institute under section 7;
(d) the allowances to be paid to the President and other members of the Institute under section 8;
(e) the control and restrictions in relation to the constitution of standing and ad hoc committees under sub-section (5) of section 10;
(f) the tenure of office, salaries and allowances and other conditions of service of the Director and other officers and employees of the Institute appointed by the Institute under section 11;
(g) the form in which, and the time at which, the budgets and reports shall be prepared by the Institute under section 17;
(h) the form of annual statement of accounts including balance-sheet under sub-section (1) of section 18;
(i) the form of annual report under section 19;
(j) any other matter which has to be or may be prescribed by rules.