Section 17 in The Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, Act, 2008
Title: Budget of Institute
The Institute shall prepare in such form and at such time every year a budget in respect of the financial year next ensuing showing the estimated receipts and expenditure of the Institute and shall forward to the Central Government such number of copies thereof as may be prescribed.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Institute shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance-sheet in such form as the Central Government may, by rules prescribe, and in accordance with such general directions as may be issued by that Government, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Institute shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Institute to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Institute shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the offices of the Institute as well as of the institutions established and maintained by it.
(4) The Accounts of the Institute as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Annual report
The Institute shall prepare for every year a report of its activities during that year and submit the report to the Central Government in such form and on or before such date as may be prescribed and a copy of this report shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament within one month of its receipt.
Title: Pension and provident funds
(1) The Institute shall constitute for the benefit of its officers, teachers and other employees in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be specified by regulations, such pension and provident funds as it may deem fit.
(2) Where any such pension or provident fund has been constituted, the Central Government may declare that the provisions of the Provident Funds Act, 1925 (19 of 1925) shall apply to, such fund as if it were a Government Provident Fund.
Title: Authentication of orders and instruments of Institute
All orders and decisions of the Institute shall be authenticated by the signature of the Director or any other member authorised by the Institute in this behalf and all other instruments shall be authenticated by the signature of such officers as may be authorised by the Institute.