Section 8 in The Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, Act, 2008
Title: Allowances of President and members
The President and other members shall receive such allowances from the Institute as may be prescribed.
Title: Meeting of Institute.
The Institute shall hold its first meeting at such time and place as may be appointed by the Central Government and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at the first meeting as may be laid down by that Government; and thereafter, the Institute shall meet at such times and places and observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business including quorum at its meetings as may be specified.
Title: Governing Body and other committees of Institute
(1) There shall be a Governing Body of the Institute which shall be constituted by the Institute in such manner as may be specified:
Provided that the number of persons who are not members of the Institute shall not exceed one-third of the total membership of the Governing Body.
(2) The Governing Body shall be the executive committee of the Institute and shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as the Institute may specify in this behalf.
(3) The President of the Institute shall be the Chairperson of the Governing Body and as Chairperson thereof he shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be specified.
(4) The procedure to be followed in exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions by the Governing Body, and the term of office of, and the manner of filling vacancies among the members of the Governing Body shall be such as may be specified.
(5) Subject to such control and restrictions as may be prescribed, the Institute may constitute as many standing committees and as many ad hoc committees as it thinks fit for exercising any power or discharging any function of the Institute or for inquiring into, or reporting or advising upon, any matter which the Institute may refer to them.
(6) The Chairperson and members of the Governing Body and the Chairperson and the members of a standing committee or an ad hoc committee shall receive such allowances, as may be specified.
Title: Staff of Institute
(1) There shall be a chief executive officer of the Institute who shall be designated as the Director of the Institute and shall, subject to such rules as may be prescribed, be appointed by the Institute:
Provided that the first Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Central Government.
(2) The Director shall act as the Secretary to the Institute as well as the Governing Body.
(3) The Director shall hold office for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of sixty-five years, whichever is earlier.
(4) The Director shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be specified, or as may be delegated to him by the Institute or the President of the Institute or the Governing Body or the Chairperson of the Governing Body.
(5) Subject to such rules as may be prescribed, the Institute may appoint such number of other officers and employees as may be necessary for the exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions and may determine the designations and grades of such other officers and employees.
(6) Subject to such rules as may be prescribed, the Director and other officers and employees of the Institute shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be governed by such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension, provident fund and other matters as may be specified.
Title: Objects of Institute
The objects of the Institute shall be—
(a) to develop patterns of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education;
(b) to bring together, as far as may be, in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and
(c) to attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education to meet the country's needs for specialists and medical teachers